Made it in here yet again.. ahh computer woes!!

Introduce ourselves. If you are a new member, say a few words to let us know you are now part of the Silverpeers fraternity. Our members will welcome you with warm words.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Lauren

Made it in here yet again.. ahh computer woes!!

Post by Lauren » 05 Dec 2013, 20:41

Gee whiz what a difference a day makes :lol: tried for days to log on here.. no good so today tried again..
you have exceeded your login tries.. but waited a couple of more hrs and forgot my password again to start
afresh and lo and behold it worked wow!! thought I had gremlins in here , didn`t want me to be involved here.
but I am here so here I`ll stay as long as you`ll have me here.. thanks Godfather for your help last night.. didn`t work
but this evening did ... :happy-sunshine:

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Re: Made it in here yet again.. ahh computer woes!!

Post by Warrigal » 05 Dec 2013, 22:13

Glad you made it, Lauren.
There's nothing so frustrating as an unco-operative computer, is there?
If you don't have an ASIO file by now then you should be ashamed of yourself.

Pamela

Post by Pamela » 05 Dec 2013, 22:22

Pleased you've made it back in again, Lauren. I had a few problems like that while back... finally realised I was putting in the wrong username. :oops: :lol:

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 05 Dec 2013, 22:26

Passwords drive me crazy. I must have a hundred of them by now. Image

Betty
Bronze Member

Post by Betty » 05 Dec 2013, 22:57

Nice to see you back Lauren :biggrin:

I have a book that I write all my current passwords in. :biggrin:
A rose by any other name...............

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 06 Dec 2013, 08:00

All mine the computer saves to key chains, Apple ingenuity see. :wink
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

Maggs
Diamond Member

Post by Maggs » 06 Dec 2013, 08:34

Its not only Pc's that misbehave....last evening I switch onto to my fave TV channel only to find it had gone walkabout......tried every trick I knew to solve the problem but finally had to call SIL for help......he said try retuning ABC ....and it worked.....I guess it was due to the very high winds we had yesterday The thought of having to watch the the Commercial Channels would send me right over the top!

Teddy
Diamond Member

Post by Teddy » 06 Dec 2013, 11:30

If you missed Clark & Doyle,you would have been able to hear them soon after 9am ABC Radio,didn't realise they came on there as well as Thursday night before ABC TV News(also voices were more distinct!)
Yes Lauren sometimes that signing in may produce problems, congratulations on being successful. :biggrin:

Lauren

Post by Lauren » 12 Dec 2013, 21:07

Just replying to my previous post and your replies to me and I agree nothing so frustrating is there
passwords I still get them in a muddle so now just save them in a notebook and the ones given to me
I try not to change them now and all seems ok well for now that is.. thanks everyone for replies..

MallyBoy

Post by MallyBoy » 16 Dec 2013, 10:16

I have done the same things as everyone else and thought to myself that there must be a better way. So I got out the old Google Search and found a free program called Kee Pass which will generate passwords for you to the level of security that you want. You can save it to a folder on your computer and secure it behind it's own password, which is the only one that you will need to remember. AND WAIT THERE IS MORE ***** you can save all your passwords to a USB key and attach it to your key ring ******** so your passwords are with you where ever you are. This is what I do. I have two computers, a laptop for when I am travelling and a desktop in my little home office and as long as I have my car/house keys with me, I have all my passwords with me.
The price is right, I have been using Kee Pass for about 18 months without a problem. It can hold heaps of passwords, only limited by the amount of free space on your PC. IMHO well worth trying.

Merry Xmas to all
Merv.
:happy-sunshine: :happy-sunshine: :happy-sunshine:

Fern1

Post by Fern1 » 16 Dec 2013, 10:37

Good to see you here Lauren.