Yeah made it in again ..

Introduce ourselves. If you are a new member, say a few words to let us know you are now part of the Silverpeers fraternity. Our members will welcome you with warm words.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Lauren

Yeah made it in again ..

Post by Lauren » 27 Aug 2013, 20:38

I was a little worried as the password I had written down wouldn`t work
so had to get a forgotten my password again!! what ever are you gonna do with me!
I seem to do this more often these days. think-smiley but not to worry for today,
I am here so will browse and see what I have missed out.. I had my computer repaired
again but problem it goes back to beginning time and won`t recognise the anti virus or
anything says cert out of date,, so am not going to use it I`ll keep on the laptop I like it better
now..so hope all are well and will read up some.. thanks for listening to my moaning :lol again !!

Natasha

Re: Yeah made it in again ..

Post by Natasha » 27 Aug 2013, 21:00

Get yourself a small address book and write all the usernames and passwords in it, that's what i do

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 27 Aug 2013, 21:23

Good suggestion Natasha.

Great to see you back Lauren. Re: Your Anti-Virus. It sounds like your twelve months are up and it needs renewal if you are using a paid one.
I have been using a freebie for years and touch wood it has worked.
To be without any Anti-virus cover is inviting trouble.

Try this one for free as long as you like: http://www.avast.com/en-au/index

:handgestures-thumbsupright: :handgestures-thumbsupright: :handgestures-thumbsupright:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Fern1

Post by Fern1 » 28 Aug 2013, 09:20

Hi Lauren, good to see you here.

Teddy
Diamond Member

Post by Teddy » 28 Aug 2013, 12:48

Natasha wrote:Get yourself a small address book and write all the usernames and passwords in it, that's what i do

This is such a good idea Natasha,I did that & forgot to take it with me! :lol:

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 28 Aug 2013, 21:05

Teddy, you'll have to make a knot in your hankie to remember next time to take it with you.
But then again, you may forget what the knot was for, hey?

8-[ 8-[ 8-[ :wink
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Lauren

Post by Lauren » 28 Aug 2013, 23:34

Thanks Natasha for the hint , would you believe thats what I have been doing butttttttttttttt! the pages are so full I`ll have to get a new one..
going shopping tomorrow to get myself a little black book so will start all afresh again... pity you can`t use the same password for every one the same now that would save me a lot of worry... hehe!
Godfather thanks I`ll use that free one.. I have the paid up one but since having a new keycard the number has changed so they cancelled it,,
as they couldn`t draw from the bank.. well I am glad that happened and now I`ll use the free one as I don`t delve in too many sites
to get into much trouble .. its nice to be back even if I am not here every day I`ll pop in when I can.. thanks again and to everyone
Good night am off to dreamy land.. :sleeping-yellow:

Veejay

Post by Veejay » 29 Aug 2013, 08:06

I have used AVG Free with no problems and use that on the PC, and have
Avast on Laptop, they seem to both do a good job, have not had many virus problems over the last 10 or so years.

Teddy
Diamond Member

Post by Teddy » 29 Aug 2013, 08:11

Thanks GF I'll tie a knot & foget not!About this free password Lauren speaks,what is that GF?! :lol:

terra
Silver Member
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Post by terra » 29 Aug 2013, 20:52

godfather wrote:Good suggestion Natasha.

Great to see you back Lauren. Re: Your Anti-Virus. It sounds like your twelve months are up and it needs renewal if you are using a paid one.
I have been using a freebie for years and touch wood it has worked.
To be without any Anti-virus cover is inviting trouble.

Try this one for free as long as you like: http://www.avast.com/en-au/index

:handgestures-thumbsupright: :handgestures-thumbsupright: :handgestures-thumbsupright:
I second the motion godfather..... Avast is absolutely the best anti-virus out there and best of all, it's free. :character-oldtimer:
"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".

terra
Silver Member
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Post by terra » 29 Aug 2013, 20:53

Lauren wrote:I was a little worried as the password I had written down wouldn`t work
so had to get a forgotten my password again!! what ever are you gonna do with me!
I seem to do this more often these days. think-smiley but not to worry for today,
I am here so will browse and see what I have missed out.. I had my computer repaired
again but problem it goes back to beginning time and won`t recognise the anti virus or
anything says cert out of date,, so am not going to use it I`ll keep on the laptop I like it better
now..so hope all are well and will read up some.. thanks for listening to my moaning :lol again !!
Welcome back again Lauren... yep, we do miss you ! :twocents-mytwocents:

here's an easy to remember password: ******** :lol:
"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 29 Aug 2013, 21:01

Teddy wrote:Thanks GF I'll tie a knot & foget not!About this free password Lauren speaks,what is that GF?! :lol:
Hi Teddy, it is a FREE ANTI-VIRUS program that I suggested Lauren should try.
It is called AVAST Free and works very well and you can download it here: http://www.avast.com/en-au/index
Once it has been installed on your computer it updates automatically at least TWICE a day. It works like a treat unless you surf into some 'naughty sites'!

8-[ 8-[ 8-[

Teddy
Diamond Member

Post by Teddy » 30 Aug 2013, 09:34

Thanks for that info GF (and the rest!) :lol: