Poetry books to give away

Welcome to the section of Silver Peers where we invite submissions from members and visitors for our Poetry Corner. We accept all forms of poetry - sonnets, daisy chains, haiku, free verse, bush poetry.....any type of poetry that you care to write - and the best shall be published in our forums.

Moderator: Mahalia

Veejay

Poetry books to give away

Post by Veejay » 14 Mar 2016, 10:34

I was recently given some Poetry books which I would like to give away to anyone who would like them, I just don't have room, the only catch is that I live on the Gold Coast and postage etc. would be rather a lot, so if any of you live close by me and would like for free and we could come to some arrangement of getting them to whoever, I would gladly give them,rather than donate them to the OP shops.
The books are in very good condition -

A.B (Banjo) Paterson's collected verse,

My country, Australian, Poetry and short stories for two hundred years - two books.

If anyone interested, please send Private message

Veejay

Re: Poetry books to give away

Post by Veejay » 13 Apr 2016, 07:27

Well, off to the Charity shop they must go, We are having to have a huge clear out of everything we own, due to Hubbies health, as he is confined to wheelchair and we have only a small 2 bedroom Unit.

Teddy
Diamond Member

Post by Teddy » 13 Apr 2016, 09:39

Veejay,I am very sorry to hear of the deterioration in your husband's health, also having to move house, difficult enough when we are young & have good health. Having volunteered in a Charity shop, the Poetry books will be well accepted. Other books which take up much needed space, would be sold much quicker if lower priced, people would buy two instead of one & do as I do, having read the books, give away or pass on to another charity shop.

Mahalia
Moderator (Bronze Member)

Post by Mahalia » 14 Apr 2016, 11:15

Shame no one took you up on your generous offer - maybe poets are thin on the ground in the Gold Coast area :heeheehee but I am sure your charity shop will be very grateful for your donation of them.
The Scribbly Bark Poet
see some scribbles here - http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/