ELECTION 2013

.....progressively being built as we go along!

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Words of a future prime minister?

Post by Dreamweaver » 01 Feb 2013, 17:01

Tony Abbot on immigration:
‘Jesus knew that there was a place for everything and it’s not necessarily everyone’s place to come to Australia.’

On rights at work:
‘If we’re honest, most of us would accept that a bad boss is a little bit like a bad father or a bad husband … you find that he tends to do more good than harm. He might be a bad boss but at least he’s employing someone while he is in fact a boss.’

On women:
‘I think it would be folly to expect that women will ever dominate or even approach equal representation in a large number of areas simply because their aptitudes, abilities and interests are different for physiological reasons’
‘I think there does need to be give and take on both sides, and this idea that sex is kind of a woman’s right to absolutely withhold, just as the idea that sex is a man’s right to demand I think they are both they both need to be moderated, so to speak’
‘What the housewives of Australia need to understand as they do the ironing is that if they get it done commercially it’s going to go up in price and their own power bills when they switch the iron on are going to go up, every year…’

On Julia Gillard:
‘Gillard won’t lie down and die’

On climate change:
‘Climate change is absolute crap’
‘If you want to put a price on carbon why not just do it with a simple tax.’

On homosexuality:
‘I’d probably … I feel a bit threatened’
‘If you’d asked me for advice I would have said to have – adopt a sort of “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy about all of these things…’

On Indigenous Australia:
‘There may not be a great job for them but whatever there is, they just have to do it, and if it’s picking up rubbish around the community, it just has to be done’

On Nicola Roxon:
‘That’s bullshit. You’re being deliberately unpleasant. I suppose you can’t help yourself, can you?’

godfather
Diamond Member

Re: Words of a future prime minister?

Post by godfather » 01 Feb 2013, 20:45

DW, thanks for those little quotes from our 'alternative' Prime Minister.

Is he for real?
What makes me angry is the fact that there are quite a few Australians who believe what he says, and they will do what he is promoting.
How in God's name can a dill like Abbott even be considered as a possible PM?

I rest my case.

:hitting_wall :hitting_wall :hitting_wall
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

donander
Emerald Member

Post by donander » 01 Feb 2013, 23:29

It's the Labor Party's "dirt digging machine" doing its work: Gathering quotations OUT of CONTEXT and using them as political smears and yes, many people probably agree with Tony.
The last interglacial had less ice, higher sea levels, and warmer temperatures than this one. So, according to the evidence so far, human activity must have a COOLING effect.

Maggs
Diamond Member

Post by Maggs » 02 Feb 2013, 09:16

Bigots abound in all societies. I think it is time a clause be put into Politicians Contracts that they will not make slurs about those of whom they have no possible real knowledge. In Abbot's Case, I would say he is somewhat restricted in his perception of the normal life of Australian people.

donander
Emerald Member

Post by donander » 02 Feb 2013, 14:20

Maggs wrote:Bigots abound in all societies. I think it is time a clause be put into Politicians Contracts that they will not make slurs about those of whom they have no possible real knowledge. In Abbot's Case, I would say he is somewhat restricted in his perception of the normal life of Australian people.
Shouldn't apply only to politicians Maggs. There have been some terrible things said about TA too.
The last interglacial had less ice, higher sea levels, and warmer temperatures than this one. So, according to the evidence so far, human activity must have a COOLING effect.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 02 Feb 2013, 21:09

donander wrote:Shouldn't apply only to politicians Maggs. There have been some terrible things said about TA too.
Donander, amongst all the terrible things said about TA, can you point to one which wasn't true?

IMHO, there hasn't been a bigger dill in parliament than T.A. with the exception of Mark Latham.
I would be ashamed if Australia should have the misfortune to elect T.A. as a Prime Minister.
He has no charisma, he has no chance of being taken serious by any world leader, especially not the Chinese or Americans,
and he is a religious fanatic. Church and politics should never be mentioned in the same sentence, and certainly not be placed in the hands
of one person. Religion has been the cause of almost every war in history.

Religion also played a big part why Mitt Romney never had a chance to become the President of the USA.

Where is Turnbull when you need him?

think-smiley think-smiley think-smiley
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Maggs
Diamond Member

Post by Maggs » 03 Feb 2013, 09:12

Tucked away somewhere biding his time, I would think!

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 03 Feb 2013, 15:33

I wonder if the dead wood on the liberal front bench
included TA, his statement about not changing his front
bench but taking them into ministerial position is going
to alienate his back benches where much of the talent
resides, i see a ballot coming up. :heeheehee :heeheehee
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 03 Feb 2013, 21:40

I wonder GD, who would challenge him if not Turnbull?

After today's statement from Pyne that Labor is acting like Hitler's Nazis, I would certainly rule him out for any ministerial position.
Maybe Joe "slim" Hockey may won't to stand for PM? Really?

:punching :punching :punching

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 03 Feb 2013, 23:05

GF they say there's plenty of talent on the back benches, and,
Abbott statement about keeping his current front bench (dead
wood and all) could cost him dearly, back benchers have aspirations
to so he will very likely not be getting the support he got last time,
o goody goody bring it on.
It is said 9 members of the liberal party will not be contesting the next
election and i know why, THEY ARE GOING TO LOSE. :heeheehee :heeheehee :heeheehee
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

godfather
Diamond Member

ELECTION 2013

Post by godfather » 04 Feb 2013, 20:47

I have purposely placed this heading on the board today. Mainly to avoid having any election comments placed all over the forum in different threads.
So please, try and keep all comments associated with this 5 star event under ONE heading.
That will make it easier for all of us when searching for any references. It would probably also assist our visitors who are keen to hear how our clever
band of Silver Peers is viewing the future, and what our own 'political experts' predict for the 14-9-2013!

Thanks for your cooperation..........godfather.

:character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer:

To post YOUR Election comments please click here: http://silverpeers.com/public_html/viewforum.php?f=75 and select NEWTOPIC.

grandduke
Diamond Member

Julia Gillard

Post by grandduke » 26 Mar 2013, 22:02

Regardless of how the polls read, i predict Julia Gillard
and labor will win the next election. :wqoohoo :wqoohoo
George Bernard Shaw

donander
Emerald Member

Re: Julia Gillard

Post by donander » 26 Mar 2013, 23:22

I haven't written Labor off but the events of the past week and the saturation ad campaign might tip it Tony's way.

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 27 Mar 2013, 09:02

It should be interesting to see how Tony Abbott's no confidence
in the government will go when next it sits, he's tried every trick
in the book and failed what does that say about this bloke.

Incompetent.
George Bernard Shaw

donander
Emerald Member

Post by donander » 27 Mar 2013, 19:46

grandduke wrote:It should be interesting to see how Tony Abbott's no confidence in the government will go when next it sits, he's tried every trick in the book and failed what does that say about this bloke.

Incompetent.
The polls beg to differ. :character-oldtimer: