'Can't face the news' exhaustion

Air all your daily pleasures and solve the World's problems over a cuppa of your favourite beverage.
Please note, no alcohol until after midday!

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

'Can't face the news' exhaustion

Post by Dreamweaver »

This article by
Mark Satta, Assistant Professor of Philosophy, Wayne State University, points to three signs we might be suffering from the news.
Currently, there are at least three common sources that, from my perspective, are leading to such exhaustion. But there are also ways to deal with them.
They are

1. Uncertainty
2. Polarisation
3. Misinformation

Although he gives 3 solutions, he also says
These solutions are limited and imperfect, but that’s all right. Part of resisting epistemic exhaustion is learning to live with the limited and imperfect. No one has time to vet all the headlines, correct all the misinformation or gain all the relevant knowledge. To deny this is to set oneself up for exhaustion.

https://www.thebigsmoke.com.au/2021/07/ ... xhaustion/
I dream, therefore I am.

hawkeye
Bronze Member

Re: 'Can't face the news' exhaustion

Post by hawkeye »

I think examples of thisison display almost everywhere one looks, at least in the USA Over here it has gotten so one does hardly know what to believe.
All yoou can do is rely on the sourse of the news and hoe they are still what you thought they were. Honest pervayers of the news and information the
are giving out. (My spelling has gone to the dickens, so if I misspell a word, kindly overlook it please).

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Re: 'Can't face the news' exhaustion

Post by Dreamweaver »

Spelling is the least of our worries, Hawkeye, as long as we understand the intended meaning! :lol:
I dream, therefore I am.