The 432 matrix

Air all your daily pleasures and solve the World's problems over a cuppa of your favourite beverage.
Please note, no alcohol until after midday!

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

grandduke
Diamond Member

The 432 matrix

Post by grandduke » 08 Oct 2018, 19:12

ajust skip the adds however i found this facinating. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJhKXq2GoUY
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Re: The 432 matrix

Post by Dreamweaver » 08 Oct 2018, 21:50

I wish I had a mathematical mind, but I don't. Neither am I keen to invest much thought in possible truths of myths and legends. Speculation is often idle, because who knows? But on the other hand I am a possibilitarian, so acknowledge it could all be spot on - who knows?
But thank you, Dukey.
I dream, therefore I am.

Trishia

Post by Trishia » 09 Oct 2018, 11:19

I always hated Maths at school, so a lot of this went over my head.
Having said that, I understood enough to find it quite fascinating.
The number of volcanoes on earth at the moment, and the violent weather. has me worried.
I have a terrible feeling that the Earth is fighting back against mankind's terrible assaults on the planet. Oil could be the equivalent of BLOOD to earth. We have taken so much out of it over the years.
Thank you for putting this on the forum, as it is mind boggling.

:text-thankyou:

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 14 Oct 2018, 21:41

Thanks to my now aged children who can explain things to me in childlike terms, I now understand a little (very little) of this.
In ancient times when food was hunted or gathered, to share it equally the best division could well have been 60 (berries, hunks, pieces or parts.)
If there were 6 people they would each get 10 parts;
if 5, 12 parts;
4, 15 parts;
3, 20 parts;
2, 30 parts.
Our ancestors would have been capable of working this out for themselves, and on a more minor scale, 12.
12 parts is most convenient when working with small numbers of people, or larger hunks of food, as it can divide well also.

That of course explains only a very small amount of what the article is saying. Doesn't negate it. :happy-sunshine:
I dream, therefore I am.