'Blind Date'

Discuss everything related to the Arts, Crafts, Hobbies, Sports, Pets & Vets, Entertainment, TV, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

'Blind Date'

Post by Dreamweaver » 03 Aug 2018, 23:13

Mr Bean does 'Blind Date' | Comic Relief
:heeheehee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLNhVC296YI
I dream, therefore I am.

lynny
Diamond Member

Re: 'Blind Date'

Post by lynny » 04 Aug 2018, 08:26

Thanks DW! :lol:

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 04 Aug 2018, 20:33

Lynny, your responses are just so welcome. Few people comment on posts I make in this section, although they do get looked at. Then do people just move away, uninterested? I'd love to see others post what does interest them! :icon_biggrin:
I dream, therefore I am.

lynny
Diamond Member

Post by lynny » 05 Aug 2018, 09:24

I am guilty of just moving on too :icon_biggrin: . I'm really not much given to watching youtube videos anyway and sometimes never get past the first 30 secs. Unfortunately what interests me doesn't interest any other people in my age bracket as I am a bit on the quirky side.......or rather 'strange' maybe :icon-mrgreen: ......and a bit reluctant to share my interests.

I see your post has had 29 hits so far. That fact is both strange and interesting to me. :lol:

(Mr Bean's face sometimes DW. Hilarious!)

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 05 Aug 2018, 09:51

:icon_biggrin:
I do try to post a variety, because we never know what will appeal to others.
Some quirky ones would be very welcome.
:heeheehee
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 05 Aug 2018, 11:59

I'm not a fan of Rowan Atkinson, so I didn't watch it. I watch most videos you post, DW, but like Lynny I may not find them sufficiently interesting to see right the way through. On the other hand, some are very interesting and I'm glad you posted them. Don't be discouraged. Not commenting on them doesn't mean they weren't watched or of no interest -- it could just be there's nothing much to say.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 05 Aug 2018, 18:27

:happy-sunshine:
I dream, therefore I am.

Trishia

Post by Trishia » 10 Aug 2018, 15:32

I watched the "blind date" video, and it confirmed my dislike for this character Mr Bean.
The GOOD NEWS is that Rowan Atkinson is absolutely great in the character of MAIGRET. We have watched two episodes of this, and cannot believe it is the same actor. He wasted his talent playing Mr Bean. As Maigret,he is superb!

:icon_biggrin:

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 10 Aug 2018, 19:33

The character of Mr. Bean was developed while Rowan Atkinson was studying for his master's degree in electrical engineering at The Queen's College, Oxford. A similar character called Robert Box, played by Atkinson himself, appeared in the one-off 1979 ITV sitcom Canned Laughter. He wrote for and starred in the BBC's Not the Nine O'clock News. In 1983, he made his motion picture debut with a supporting role in the James Bond film, ‘Never Say Never Again’. The same year, he was cast in a lead role for the film, ‘Dead on Time’. He co-wrote the television series Blackadder and played a part in it, and while shooting for the ‘Black Adder’, from 1987 to 1989, he was called for the ‘Just for Laughs’ festival in Montreal. During this time, he was also cast in ‘The Appointments of Dennis Jennings’ and ‘The Tall Guy’.

So a long time had elapsed before he pulled out his originally developed character Mr. Bean, so popular with his fellow students, on the television series of the same name, in 1990. Mr. Bean was adapted for film in 1997, and enjoyed wide success.
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 10 Aug 2018, 20:49

Mr Bean makes me cringe and my toes to curl up.

lynny
Diamond Member

Post by lynny » 11 Aug 2018, 07:42

We may like him or not but I know that 4 g'kids now aged 18,15,10 and 8 have loved him and he kept them amused for ages when they were little. He saved my sanity on occasions :lol: