Piano master

Discuss everything related to the Arts, Crafts, Hobbies, Sports, Pets & Vets, Entertainment, TV, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Piano master

Post by Dreamweaver » 26 Oct 2017, 16:08

I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Re: Piano master

Post by Perrorist » 26 Oct 2017, 16:34

I think it's genuine. I saw this a while ago and by now if it was a fake it should be known.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 26 Oct 2017, 19:01

Can they find an explanation?
I dream, therefore I am.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 26 Oct 2017, 19:33

I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 26 Oct 2017, 20:59

Dreamweaver wrote:
26 Oct 2017, 19:01
Can they find an explanation?
I don't know, but I suspect autism. Watching my two autistic grandchildren learn to read was astonishing. The 5-year-old took less than a month. The 8-year-old has just been awarded a certificate by an international testing body, ICAS, after being found to be in the top 1% for English in her age group in Australia.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 26 Oct 2017, 23:37

The piano kid looks and sounds genuine.
Watch his fingers and the notes correspond as does the length of the tone for the keys.
Very talented indeed.

=D= =D= =D=
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 27 Oct 2017, 13:54

Perrorist wrote:
26 Oct 2017, 20:59
I don't know, but I suspect autism. Watching my two autistic grandchildren learn to read was astonishing. The 5-year-old took less than a month. The 8-year-old has just been awarded a certificate by an international testing body, ICAS, after being found to be in the top 1% for English in her age group in Australia.
Interesting, Perry.. I have heard before that Aspergers kids often had fathers gifted in maths/science ability. Best wishes to your grandchildren. Hoping my experience with a son is not relevant, as he was not autistic, but was in the top 1% for academic potential, and almost so for creative potential. He was told these two factors would pull him two ways, make life always difficult, and it sure did. He could not heed advice. He developed PTSD, not from any particular event but just because he found the whole of life was so stressful. To constantly believe you can't fail, and constantly find otherwise without understanding why, is quite a stress.

He had a beautiful voice, composed, played and sang all his own music, but would not agree to anyone's advice re business management. His first job as a factory rouse-about quickly led to him becoming exports manager! He threw it in to move interstate. And so on. Tertiary studies came late, having been disregarded earlier because of his music. Civil engineering seemed to offer good employment potential. After one year's study he was advised to stay in the pure math field, as his grasp of it was so high, and to become a lecturer. Then his ex said she wanted to go to uni too, and if he stayed there she would take their son interstate, so he deferred and never went back. So much much more, too!

But from what I can gather about autism, there seems to be a good focus, so much so that distraction is painful for them. Understanding of their condition is increasing, so I feel yours will do just fine. :happy-sunshine:
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 27 Oct 2017, 14:22

I have heard before that Aspergers kids often had fathers gifted in maths/science ability.
That's true of their dad. Their mum is the literate one.