Join us in limmerick land

Discuss everything related to the Arts, Crafts, Hobbies, Sports, Pets & Vets, Entertainment, TV, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Join us in limmerick land

Post by mavisbramston » 28 Apr 2018, 11:14

Limmericks is a remarkable thread. The reason I am posting is hoping you come and at least check it out.
I am sure that the regular posters would love a few more contributions.
Its been superbly held together by the brilliant lynny, teddy and Bigdad. I suspect Maggs has gone upstairs (or as showbiz people often say, taken a taxi). and while I miss her telling me off (lol) its still going. Limmericks is often hilairious. You can never predict how it will go.
It took me a while to get the metre thing right but with help from lynny and others at least I am getting better.
Its great fun. :happy-sunshine:

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Re: Join us in limmerick land

Post by mavisbramston » 01 May 2018, 10:08

A limerick is a form of verse, often humorous and sometimes obscene, in five-line, predominantly anapestic[1] meter with a strict rhyme scheme of AABBA, in which the first, second and fifth line rhyme, while the third and fourth lines are shorter and share a different rhyme. [2] The following example is a limerick of unknown origin:

The limerick packs laughs anatomical
Into space that is quite economical.
But the good ones I've seen
So seldom are clean
And the clean ones so seldom are comical.[3]

Quoted from Wikipedia

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Re: Join us in limmerick land

Post by mavisbramston » 01 May 2018, 10:10

I have found that if you let the others help you out with the rhytm you will be fine. The trick is not to be previous with feed back. Maggs was a bit tough at times but I just laughed it off.
I dont think she liked newbies and thought they were all trying to take over but personally I miss her.