SHAVING. the old ways are best

Favourite recipes, great tips and tricks, new discoveries, healthy living ideas, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

SHAVING. the old ways are best

Post by mavisbramston » 30 Apr 2018, 17:49

Like many men here I suspect, I have tried everything to get a really smooth close shave. Electric shavers everything from the swivel head Philips, remington...tried the lot. All useless.
Then we have the environmentally disatrous. Everything from the battery vibrating heads, disposables utra schick, Gillette.
The cunning trick and devious idea of having 3 or up to 5 blades.
All useless. They dont work.
They dont recycle either.
I kept searching searching........
EUREKA

On facebook I have joined the legion of men returning to the old safety razor. The initial outlay can cost up to $70 for the handle. However you dont need to buy any more.
The shave is much better. Remember though the blades are sharper. You really need to slow down and be careful. I have had a couple of nips. Try a nice slow shave.
One thing is for certain. Its the first time in years I have had a really close shave.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Re: SHAVING. the old ways are best

Post by mavisbramston » 30 Apr 2018, 17:50

If you have the shaver shop in your town they are a pretty good chain. The staff seem well trained .

terra
Silver Member
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Post by terra » 03 May 2018, 10:38

Mavis.... I've been using the old style double edge razor for a few years now. Mine is a German made "Merkur Solingen".
magnificent quality and made to last forever.
http://www.mensbiz.com.au/merkur-classi ... razor.html

I've been using the Russian made "Astra Superior Platinum" blades for a long time and they are excellent, 4 to 5 good shaves per blade and when you consider that a pack of 100 blades is now on special from "Mens Biz" for just fifteen bucks with free delivery, you can't go wrong.
My last pack of 100 blades lasted me two years.... for $15 it's a steal !
I've been dealing with "Mens Biz" for a long time and in my opinion, they are the absolute best for quality and price. Keep away from the Shaver Shop.... to pricey !
Recently I placed an online order at 3 PM on the Thursday and they were delivered by courier the next morning at 10 AM..... not bad when you consider that when I live in a regional area of NSW and it's free freight or post.
read the reviews.
http://www.mensbiz.com.au/shaving/blades.html

https://www.google.com/search?ei=ZlnqWv ... QQyc6l0j0E
"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 03 May 2018, 18:05

Terra thank you very much for a beaut reponse.

terra
Silver Member
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Post by terra » 03 May 2018, 20:38

Your're welcome Mavis !

happy shaving ! :happy-sunshine:
"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".