Food bank

Favourite recipes, great tips and tricks, new discoveries, healthy living ideas, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

grandduke
Diamond Member

Food bank

Post by grandduke »

And food insecurity in Australia and may i add this is a rich country so whats going on.

This snippet was taken from a far to big a report to lodge here.
These Australians may be dealing with a range of circumstances, from anxiety about accessing enough food to going without food altogether.
At least once a week, around half of Australians experiencing food insecurity skip a meal (55%) or cut down on the size of their meals to make their food go further (50%). Three in ten (30%) go a whole day without eating at least once a week.
One in five parents experiencing food insecurity (20%) say their children go a whole day without eating meat or fresh fruit or vegetables at least once a week. Almost as many (18%) say their children
go a whole day without eating at all at least once a week.
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

lynny
Diamond Member

Re: Food bank

Post by lynny »

How can this happen in the lucky country Dukey? I think it's appalling that children go hungry in wealthy countries all over the world.
People struggling to find cheap rental properties let alone pay the exorbitant rent. Missing meals to make ends meet. Unemployment gets higher, I don't care what the latest government spin is on the figures.

And all the time the rich get richer.
And d'ya know what.....I'm getting tired of ranting about it......voting and feeling cheated.......and watching my grandkids losing their optimism for the future.

:flaming_mad but still O:)

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke »

Lynny i think we are heading for a revolution on inequality.
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

lynny
Diamond Member

Post by lynny »

The revolution is nigh GD!

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver »

I totally support doing something about the plight of those who don't have access to enough food, but I would think the numbers quoted might include those who voluntarily fast for religious or health reasons. Fasting gets rid of some nasties including weak or damaged cells, while eating builds healthy new cells, and generally improves our health. We can't thrive on short commons for long, especially children!
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist »

People do seem to be waking up to the consequences of rising inequality.

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke »

This is a snippet of a much larger report the figures here are in trillions of pounds
and dollars if true this planet and its peoples have a very serious problem because
we all suffer.
A global super-rich elite has exploited gaps in cross-border tax rules to hide an extraordinary £13 trillion ($21tn) of wealth offshore – as much as the American and Japanese GDPs put together – according to research commissioned by the campaign group Tax Justice Network.
And i have seen figures even greater than that. :character-oldtimer:
George Bernard Shaw

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist »

And they fight like demons to protect their wealth.