Spirit

Information, discussions, warnings, and friendly assistance with all your computer-related problems.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Spirit

Post by Dreamweaver » 20 Feb 2018, 23:10

Spirit is an independent provider of Super Fast Internet, cloud solutions, telephony services and Phone Names.

We are a genuine alternative the NBN. We believe that Australians deserve better Internet access and that’s why we offer a world-class service that’s different – what we call “Serious Internet”. To prove that we are serious, we were recently independently rated as the fastest Internet provider in Melbourne*.

Although our network does not yet reach all Australians, it is constantly expanding. We service residential multi-development units (MDU), businesses of all sizes, student accommodation facilities and community housing across Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Northern NSW and Sydney.

Our Super Fast Internet is available in some of Australia’s most iconic buildings – both residential and commercial – including Southport Central Towers, Eureka Tower, BHP House and the Medibank Centre.
We are not limited by the reach of our fibre network. We deliver Super Fast Internet directly to our customers via Spirit Air – our own ‘last mile’ radio technology – connecting to Spirit’s own dedicated network within a building.

We can provide innovative approaches to complex Internet requirements and our eco-system of technology partners can design, install and manage Super Fast Internet solutions in hard-to-reach locations. Supported by a powerful range of telephony products, we can provide a total communication services to businesses.

A core component of Spirits’ unique fibre network offering is to offer symmetrical download and upload speeds, as seen on the Channel 9 television reality series “The Block” in late 2015**. This is especially important for businesses where large files may be busy moving in “both directions”, especially during peak usage periods. Many Internet packages on the market have slower Internet upload speeds to download speeds. With Spirit, everything happens at lightning speed – up and down – at the same time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... 6HTKJTaD8M
I dream, therefore I am.

terra
Silver Member
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Re: Spirit

Post by terra » 21 Feb 2018, 05:47

Sounds great DW.

I often wonder why Australia hasn't been given equal download and upload speeds with our mega billion dollar NBN ?
Seems like our NBN is outdated and redundant before its completion.
"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 21 Feb 2018, 07:11

It's not the technology, but the commercial model used to provide it. The NBN is capable of high speeds in both directions, but traditionally faster downloads than uploads have been the go, because most traffic was expected on the download link.

Pre-NBN, when I was creating video training modules for clients, my upload speed was so pitiful I had to cut them to DVDs and personally deliver them!

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 08 Jun 2018, 11:18

Recently, NBN Co chief executive Bill Morrow suggested that "gamers predominantly" were to blame for the congestion across the National Broadband Network. He later clarified that he wasn't blaming gamers for congestion, but reiterated that they are "heavy users".

Data provided by price comparison website WhistleOut paints a different picture. An average Internet user watching any of the popular tv/movie stream services will be using vastly more bandwidth than one playing any of the top online games.

See the Chart of the day here :
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-06/o ... th/9836186
I dream, therefore I am.