Aust Post tracker

Information, discussions, warnings, and friendly assistance with all your computer-related problems.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Aust Post tracker

Post by Dreamweaver » 22 Jul 2018, 17:41

Some time ago I received a message from Australia Post, which complied with the following.
Australia Post SMSs will only ask you to go to "mypo.st" to control the delivery of your parcel.
Lately the original has reappeared with a new fake on the same screen.
Australia Post is aware that fraudulent SMSs are circulating asking customers for their information to track a parcel.

The SMS asks you to click on a link that isn't related to Australia Post. The below example is trying to take you to "urltrim.co" and shouldn't be trusted. Australia Post SMSs will only ask you to go to "mypo.st" to control the delivery of your parcel.
https://auspost.com.au/about-us/about-o ... cam-alerts
I dream, therefore I am.

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Re: Aust Post tracker

Post by Buck_naked » 24 Jul 2018, 18:58

the tracking is extremely poor as well.
The parcel could be 5 km away or 500km away.
Some of the ebay sellers and online shops are lightning fast in service.
I have had parcels travel sydney -gympie overnight, delivered at 9:30am the next day
The tracking can show nothing at all for those fast deliveries. :thinking:

terra
Silver Member
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Post by terra » 25 Jul 2018, 10:29

I ordered some new springs online for my box trailer a few weeks ago. They were ordered from an Aussie mob in Victoria.
AustPost tracking showed that the package left Victoria on the Wednesday..... overnight, the order progressed from Victoria and arrived safely at the Australia Post Mail Processing Facility at Chullora NSW at around mid day on the next day, which was Thursday.
I kept a vigil on the order via Aust Post tracking and despite promises that the package would be delivered to my regional address in NSW on the Monday... that package remained firmly planted at the Mail Processing Facility at Chullora for the Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and monday.
When I phoned Aust Post for help, I might as well have been talking to an idiot.

Yes, the package finally arrived but it's simply not good enough ! :kiss_my_bum: :kiss_my_bum: :kiss_my_bum: :kiss_my_bum: :kiss_my_bum: :angry:
"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 25 Jul 2018, 16:17

That happens a lot to me. If I use standard postage, they hold it back, but not when it's priority paid.