Crazy KIM ups the danger of a world war AGAIN!

Major issues which will affect Australia and the World

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Re: Crazy KIM ups the danger of a world war AGAIN!

Post by kfchugo » 16 Nov 2017, 10:26

With three aircraft carriers and a heap of support vessels cruising the sea of Japan, Kim has VERY good reason to suddenly have a bad case of the "runny poo's". :oops

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 16 Nov 2017, 10:55

A senior US defence person said the other day that in the event of a war, NK would win because of superior manpower. I suspect other factors came into play, but one could rightly assume that Kim's one million strong army would march right down the peninsula without stopping.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 16 Nov 2017, 13:10

I doubt very much that even a dill like Trump would be the first to use nuclear weapons against NK nor would he even use them in response to a nuclear attack by the north (we hope). The conventional weapons of the U.S. military would certainly "thin out" NK's million strong army before they even set foot in South Korea. The military capability of SK is also formidable (thanks to U.S. aid) so any conflict would be deadly to both sides.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 16 Nov 2017, 19:31

But Pence is a war-monger and no dill. He could be convincing. How much back-ground work is he doing even now?
I dream, therefore I am.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 16 Nov 2017, 21:04

Unfortunately DW, all we know is what our biased and unreliable media tell us - we can guess and speculate all day long, but we, the "peasants" only ever learn what happened after the event....... and then we usually get a sanitised and "politically correct" version of the events.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 01 Dec 2017, 19:34

Australia bars North Korea's U-19 football team from entering country citing 'illegal nuclear programmes'

The Australian federal government has blocked the Under-19 men's team of North Korea from entering the country. "Hosting the team would be contrary to the Government's strong opposition to North Korea's illegal nuclear and missile development programmes", Australian foreign affairs minister Julie Bishop told the SBS News yesterday.

The Korean team was scheduled to play a qualification match for Asian Football Confederation championship on November 8 in Shepparton, Victoria. Julia Bishop said, "It would also be inconsistent with our efforts to increase diplomatic and economic pressure on Pyongyang to comply with UN Security Council resolutions."

A Victorian government spokesperson said the match would be rescheduled, and played outside the Australian borders at a "neutral venue". Football Federation Australia's statement said they "respect[ed]" the federal government's decision.

Hong Kong and the Northern Mariana Islands are the other two counties in the same group with North Korea and Australia. In March, a qualification match between Malaysia and North Korea for 2019's Asian Cup was rescheduled after Kim Jong-Nam's death at Kuala Lumpur airport, half-brother of North Korea's leader Kim Jong-un. On September 28 the match was postponed — by this time, its third postponement — after the Malaysian Ministry of Foreign Affairs barred Malaysians from travelling to North Korea.

Last month, at the UN general assembly, US president Donald Trump said the US "would [...] totally destroy North Korea" if the US had to defend the US and its allies from North Korea. In the revised list of travel bans, Trump banned North Koreans from entering the US.

https://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Australia_ ... grammes%27
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 02 Dec 2017, 05:57

All this exclusion eats away at finding resolutions and makes matters worse. Some people thrive on conflict, it seems. Ego trippers.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 04 Dec 2017, 23:47

Personally, I would love to see Sport and Politics stay as far apart as possible.
They are two entirely different disciplines and neither should be used to commandeer the other!

But.................. who are we to judge our politicians?

:hitting_wall :hitting_wall :hitting_wall
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 05 Dec 2017, 09:16

GF, we the voters are the only ones who CAN judge our politicians.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 13 Mar 2018, 18:05

This won't cheer you up: War with N. Korea unavoidable?

Leonie

Post by Leonie » 14 Mar 2018, 17:49