How has the lockdown affected you?

Major issues which will affect Australia and the World

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Perrorist
Administrator

Re: How has the lockdown affected you?

Post by Perrorist » 12 May 2020, 09:04

The demonstrators in Victoria numbered about one hundred people and comprised anti-vaxers, the 5G caused Covid-19 conspiracy theorists, and those who believe Bill Gates's financing of a coronavirus vaccine is a cover for a mind-control drug that will be injected into the population. There may have been a few anti-lockdown protesters in there as well, but they were outnumbered by the propeller heads.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 12 May 2020, 10:20

Well, I cant speak for anyone else, but I am sick to death of having beaurocrats decide what is good for me. :hitting_wall

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Post by Warrigal » 12 May 2020, 11:07

For me, I haven't felt under any pressure. I am happy to stay home longer than required. I am really enjoying the absence of time pressures. It is now 11.05 am and I am yet to take my bath and get dressed properly. The sun is shining in our back garden and I am perfectly happy to be left in peace.
Pauline Hanson Demands A Panda Cull Following News Of A Pandemic - The UnAustralian

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 12 May 2020, 14:19

I have to agree with Warrigal. Using this morning as an example,I finally got out of bed at 9.00. I had my shower,and then sat down for breakfast. At about 11.15,noticing that it was a lovely day outside,I decided to have a potter around the garden. This,so-called,isolation is so great that it will be difficult to return to normal. Whatever that is.
In regards to the protests,I believe that every Australian owes a big thank you to Daniel Andrews. It was his leadership that has saved us from a fate resembling what is happening in America. 3 CHEERS for Daniel. =D= =D= =D=
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Post by Warrigal » 12 May 2020, 14:42

America's agony is a long way from over. The Republic that they think is so superior over democracies like ours, is not up to the task of handing a pandemic. No-one is in charge and the idea of a national cabinet is not something that they could pull off, even if they wanted to. As a certain orange buffoon is wont to tweet - SAD
Pauline Hanson Demands A Panda Cull Following News Of A Pandemic - The UnAustralian

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 12 May 2020, 16:34

It's understandable that they object being dictated to, because they believe they have the right to catch it if they want to. But do they think about spreading it to others?
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 12 May 2020, 17:54

The US still has vestiges of frontier mentality, most prevalent in the southern states.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 12 May 2020, 17:57

Slapsy wrote:
12 May 2020, 14:19
I have to agree with Warrigal. Using this morning as an example,I finally got out of bed at 9.00.
Our cat gets me up at 5 o'clock each morning. Last night, she even told me it was time to go to bed. I suppose that should make me more amenable to an authoritarian government.

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Post by Warrigal » 12 May 2020, 19:21

Cats rool \:D/ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 13 May 2020, 14:43

Perrorist wrote:
12 May 2020, 17:57

Our cat gets me up at 5 o'clock each morning. Last night, she even told me it was time to go to bed. I suppose that should make me more amenable to an authoritarian government.

Does it also drop dead mice or birds on your front porch every second day? The cat that is supposed to live across the road from me does. :eek :eek :flaming_mad
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 13 May 2020, 16:24

No, she's too slow to catch anything. She's old but was never much of a hunter. Never played much either. A rather sedentary cat really.

hawkeye
Bronze Member

Post by hawkeye » 24 May 2020, 05:01

[quote=Dreamweaver post_id=353127 time=1587181944 user_id=6]
[quote=hawkeye post_id=353052 time=1587083460 user_id=479]
My state and city in lockdown. Those 60 years of age and older ordered to stay home. I haven't been off my small premoises for three months. Sold my car, noo longer driving. No way to go anywhere anyway. My son is buying and delivering kour groceries. Neighbors help. Doing well.
[/quote]
You have been on my mind, Hawkeye, with the state of things over there. Glad to see you posting again. Last we heard you had a family friend moving to research work on autism in Melbourne. How is she faring?
[/quote]

She is doing okay in Melbourne. I don't hear directly from here but my daughter hears occasionally.Nothing other than she likes what she's doing and she like Australia.

I don't get around very well. Can't walk far, to the patio and back if I rest in between. I am useless. About all I do is the dishes. I birdwatch, take a photo now and then. I Hope you are well and getting around some.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 24 May 2020, 09:55

hawkeye wrote:
24 May 2020, 05:01

She is doing okay in Melbourne. I don't hear directly from here but my daughter hears occasionally.Nothing other than she likes what she's doing and she like Australia.

I don't get around very well. Can't walk far, to the patio and back if I rest in between. I am useless. About all I do is the dishes. I birdwatch, take a photo now and then. I Hope you are well and getting around some.
Yes, much like yourself. We don't get younger, do we? :lol:
Glad your young friend is doing okay here. Pass on my contact if she needs it. :-)
I dream, therefore I am.

hawkeye
Bronze Member

Post by hawkeye » 24 May 2020, 10:00

Thank you. I will do so.