Joe

Major issues which will affect Australia and the World

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Joe

Post by mavisbramston »

Although Joe Biden may not have been every ones first choice he has shown more compassion leadership than the orange.

Perrorist
Administrator

Re: Joe

Post by Perrorist »

Without a doubt, but so could a lamppost. Who's your pick for VP? Mine is Kamala Harris. Impressive CV and would be the ideal person to step in if Joe doesn't stay the distance.

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Post by Warrigal »

I think Biden is a bit long in the tooth for the job but provided he picks his team carefully, including his VP, he is the best on offer by far.

I'm wondering how different things would be if the US had compulsory voting. For a start they wouldn't have to pick candidates most likely to drag the population out to vote. Voter suppression would be eliminated and parties could choose leaders who were a good fit with the party philosophy instead of show ponies and celebrities.
Pauline Hanson Demands A Panda Cull Following News Of A Pandemic - The UnAustralian

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy »

There must be many Americans more suitable,and qualified,than the present lot,so why can't they be encouraged to stand? The only answer lies with the out-dated,and unfair,election system. The electoral college system is fine,if the delegate votes are awarded,for each individual district,rather than winner takes all.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist »

The good news for Biden is that Obama is now campaigning on his behalf. He's hoping to energise the young voters who stayed away last time.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston »

Perrorist wrote:
24 Jun 2020, 12:37
Without a doubt, but so could a lamppost. Who's your pick for VP? Mine is Kamala Harris. Impressive CV and would be the ideal person to step in if Joe doesn't stay the distance.
Totally agree . Ther is so much talent in the Democrats. Of course the red necks will try to crucify Harris. I think she is tough enough to handle it.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo »

Jack the ripper with Dr Jekyl as his vice president would be a more appealing ticket than Trump/Pence. More power to Biden and whomever he selects as his VP - they couldnt do any worse than the current incumbents. :text-thankyou:

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston »

I just hope Pete Buttigieg has not gone for ever.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist »

I can't see Bernie Sanders trying again, though he's just what America needs if it's to escape the downward spiral it is set on.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston »

Perrorist wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 12:28
I can't see Bernie Sanders trying again, though he's just what America needs if it's to escape the downward spiral it is set on.
Nothing to add. You nailed it.

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Post by Warrigal »

I like Pete too but it is not yet his time. It would be a mistake to burn him off right now.
Pauline Hanson Demands A Panda Cull Following News Of A Pandemic - The UnAustralian

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist »