Administrator

Tony Abbott's amazing speech on climate change

Post by Perrorist » 10 Oct 2017, 10:51

Perrorist
Administrator

Re: Tony Abbott's amazing speech on climate change

Post by Perrorist » 10 Oct 2017, 16:40

I like this response:
The speech sparked a swift reaction here and around the globe, with Britain’s former Labour leader, Ed Miliband, suggesting Mr Abbott’s speech made him worse than US President Donald Trump.

“I know Donald Trump has lowered the bar for idiocy but …” Mr Miliband tweeted with a link to a Guardian article about Mr Abbott’s comments.

Canadian Environment Minister Catherine McKenna tweeted that Mr Abbott’s speech was “wrong and irresponsible”.

“Climate change is real & man-made. Not only do we owe it to our kids to act, clean growth is a trillion $ opportunity,” Ms McKenna posted.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 11 Oct 2017, 10:38

It seems that every time Abbot opens his mouth these days, he only serves to reinforce the negative view that most people have of him. I find it difficult to comprehend that he was once Prime Minister of our great nation and even more incomprehensible that there are some in our midst who believe that he should return ti that job.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 11 Oct 2017, 11:16

Rudd was often attacked for trying to bring down Gillard but Abbot wants to destroy the Liberal party. Mind you Turnbull has alienated himself from all who thought he was different. Some actually believed in him.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 11 Oct 2017, 21:42

I agree with posters who can't believe that Abbott should still carry any importance.
Why the Libs haven't silenced this moron is just confirming that they are useless in government!

:hitting_wall :hitting_wall :hitting_wall
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.