Nixon 2.0

Major issues which will affect Australia and the World

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Nixon 2.0

Post by Buck_naked » 31 Oct 2017, 08:19

Paul Manafort: 12 charges of conspiracy against the United States.
Is this the beginning of the end of the Trump Nightmare?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-10-30/p ... ry/9101372

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Re: Nixon 2.0

Post by kfchugo » 31 Oct 2017, 08:28

If things get too hot for Trump, he will just resign. I think he is too proud and arrogant to ever allow himself to be impeached. He is however, proving himself to be a master survivalist.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 31 Oct 2017, 11:10

He'll be less useful to the Republican Party when he's initiated the changes it's been angling for, with Pence to follow through if Trump goes.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 31 Oct 2017, 22:11

I think we are entering 'predicted' territory.
Trump should get out whilst he can.

:character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 23 Mar 2019, 10:17

Did we think he would still be around two years later? But now we have
Special counsel Robert Mueller has concluded his investigation and will not file any more indictments in connection with his inquiry into Russian interference in the 2016 campaign, NBC News reported on Friday, citing a senior U.S. law enforcement official. There are no sealed indictments.

It is possible that leads uncovered during the special counsel’s inquiry and handed off could lead to charges brought by state prosecutors or other parts of the Department of Justice. But Mueller has no more indictments waiting under seal, and he will not recommend any further indictments, multiple outlets reported.

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein appointed Mueller to oversee the investigation into any links between President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign and the Russian government in May 2017.

Since then, Mueller’s investigation has led to nearly 200 criminal charges and has secured convictions or guilty pleas from top Trump advisors, including former campaign chairman Paul Manafort. Trump, who has waged a fierce, years-long campaign to discredit the special counsel, has denied any wrongdoing.
200 criminal charges!
"Paul Manafort, who got 47 months in prison on Thursday, is one of seven people convicted to date in the special counsel probe." Here is Mueller's score card as at March 8th. https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... ed-n980731
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 23 Mar 2019, 10:58

His report has been handed to the Attorney-General, but whispers say it won't incriminate Trump directly. Indirectly is a different matter.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 23 Mar 2019, 16:45

In the absence of a "smoking gun"..... I fear that Trump will simply survive yet again. He continues to bring strife and turmoil to the world, but his politically one-eyed supporters continue to believe that he is a "breath of fresh air" in their government. :hitting_wall

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 23 Mar 2019, 17:06

We can't legislate against stupidity, though you have to wonder if a basic test ought to be passed before anyone could vote, with a much more stringent one applied to political candidates. We'd have to rethink compulsory voting, though.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 23 Mar 2019, 20:51

Perry, I agree about candidates. What business would hire an employee without some evidence of qualifications?
Yet we put these people in to represent us, with no assurance of their ability or sanity. 8-[
I dream, therefore I am.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 27 Apr 2019, 09:45

They support Trump "for better or for worse" and really don't care if it is worse for them, according to this!
https://www.filmsforaction.org/articles ... supporter/
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 27 Apr 2019, 12:16

That's a good analysis. It's a concern that Trump, by helping to magnify this feeling of alienation, is causing a wider community to be affected.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 30 Apr 2019, 21:58

A Trump supporter, Lida Barber, says
Stop picking on our President please,
let him keep doing what he does best, and that is being the first President in 51 years that has kept his promises.
I don’t know any other ones that is so great. We are doing well. Keep going President Trump, I pray that I will be alive in 2020.
I will stay alive just to be able to vote for you. Thank you.
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 01 May 2019, 06:09

If the promises were worth keeping, I'd go along with her.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 01 May 2019, 13:21

It is interesting that so many "die hard" Trump supporters are intent on highlighting the real or perceived sins of leading and past senior democrats. It is as though noting the sins of his enemies will absolve Trump of his sins and failings. Admittedly, America has been "on the nose" with most of the rest of the world for decades now but Trump lowers his countries international standing further almost on a daily basis.
China is poised to topple America as the worlds leading economy and others like India, Pakistan etc are also flexing their economic muscles. As with all great empires in history, I think the U.S. has had its day and is now in decline. Unfortunately, I dont see a benign regime on the horizon to lead planet earth into the future. Perhaps we should send out a plea for help from the "little green men"?

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 01 May 2019, 16:39

Yes, America's power and influence is definitely on the wane, hastened by people like Trump.