Qld election

Major issues which will affect Australia and the World

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Qld election

Post by Dreamweaver » 18 Nov 2017, 21:32

Received today from Labor.
The polls are showing that Hanson's One Nation might hold the balance of power in the next Queensland government if we don’t stop them.

This is scary stuff.

Since Labor was elected to government in Queensland, we’ve restored frontline services after Campbell Newman's savage cuts while also creating 134,300 new jobs.

But Tim Nicholls and Pauline Hanson's One Nation now have a chance of winning government and undoing all of Labor’s hard work. They’ll just bring in cuts, sell assets and it’ll be a government in chaos.
I dream, therefore I am.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Re: Qld election

Post by kfchugo » 19 Nov 2017, 04:34

Both Labor and the Libs firmly believe that they are the ONLY parties capable of running the country or a state in Australia. They could possibly be right, but it would interesting to give someone else a shot and see how they go. Lord knows, we desperately need SOME alternative to the two party duopoly we have had for decades now.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 19 Nov 2017, 06:46

Spot on, Hugo, as long as we don't follow the similar U.S. reaction. It can be a disaster to get what we wish for. :eek
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 19 Nov 2017, 06:54

Hanson is our Trump, the person who claims to be outside the system and who will shake it up ("drain the swamp"). However, as Trump has shown, Hanson has voted for the very policies that created the disconnect. After 10 years of nearly stagnant wages growth while corporations and the rich enjoy profit accumulation, we need to implement policies that shift the wealth back towards workers. Even the Reserve Bank governor says so!

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 19 Nov 2017, 11:24

One nation stole my phrase. 'snouts in the trough' and 'trust no one' are my byline... :lol: :lol: :lol:

"One Nation also proposes a cut back of the number of state and federal politicians. There are too many snouts in the trough, we want representation, not career politicians at the expense of economic stability. Our estimation is that each politician costs the tax payer $1 million per year, this includes their staffing expenses, superannuation and more that they are entitled too."

(from their policy website: http://www.onenation.com.au/policies )

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 19 Nov 2017, 12:14

Wellllllll, people get what they vote for and may i add
common sense is not very common, Hanson and her lot
have moved into bed with the LNP so much for the battlers
she claims to represent. :character-oldtimer:
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 19 Nov 2017, 12:49

Hanson's made so much out of politics she was able to buy a 142-acre property in Queensland and sell it again in 2010. She owns other properties, too.

She can't keep her pollies once they've figured her out. In 1998, when One Nation was elected to 11 seats in the Queensland parliament, within 12 months every one of them had either resigned or gone independent or joined another party.