Trump - the bully

Major issues which will affect Australia and the World

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Perrorist
Administrator

Re: Trump - the bully

Post by Perrorist » 05 Jan 2018, 16:14

Trump won't be able to stop publication of the book. In fact, the publisher is trying to bring it forward a few days.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 05 Jan 2018, 20:48

Perrorist wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 11:56
Here is a fascinating account of the early days of Trump's presidency. It's long, but well worth reading:

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/20 ... trump.html
I have now found the time to read this, and see that my conspiracy theory probably has to give way to farce theory! Just when you think it can't get any more bizarre, it does. And his daughter and son-in-law, their plans? The first woman president would not be Hillary Clinton; it would be Ivanka Trump.
:teary
I dream, therefore I am.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 05 Jan 2018, 21:35

I am fed up about Trump and his unrealistic perceptions.
In my book he isn't worth wasting more time on, and I have decided to no longer comment on this oxygen thief.
I am all Trumped out!

:character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 06 Jan 2018, 09:11

While I heartily agree with your sentiment Godfather, Trump remains the leader of the most powerful military nation on earth and the verbal manure that dribbles from his lips effects us all, at least indirectly. It is unfortunate that one such as he in his exalted and powerful position has accumulated the credibility of a headless cockroach.

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Post by Warrigal » 06 Jan 2018, 10:27

Apparently it is the opinion of most who work with him is that he is a child.
As if that wasn't apparent before the election.
Shame on America for ever taking him seriously.
If you don't have an ASIO file by now then you should be ashamed of yourself.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 06 Jan 2018, 15:30

There is an old saying in politics along the lines....."every nation gets the government it deserves". I dont know how true that is, but certainly seems apt in America's case.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 06 Jan 2018, 23:03

I don't think many would have actually voted for him if they'd had the option of Bernie Sanders, but they were denied that. It was change they were after, which I can understand. They now know to be careful what you wish for, you might just get it! :eek

I fervently hope this experience will lead to a change in their electoral system.

BTW, take a look at the undemocratic system in China! :character-oldtimer:
I dream, therefore I am.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 07 Jan 2018, 01:23

kfchugo wrote:
06 Jan 2018, 15:30
There is an old saying in politics along the lines....."every nation gets the government it deserves". I dont know how true that is, but certainly seems apt in America's case.
Yes, I agree with the quote itself, but every American I have spoken to in the last 12 months DID NOT vote for Trump.
I realise that the election system is pretty complicated and confusing and wide open to fraud.
With that in mind I don't believe that America deserved Trump!

:hitting_wall :hitting_wall :hitting_wall
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 07 Jan 2018, 07:56

Yet in spite of all he does have support! :eek
John C. Fleming

The media, spurred by the unhinged left, is pushing the narrative that Trump is "mentally unstable." Look, in one year Trump has kicked our economy into high gear, put trillions of $$ back into the peoples' pockets (tax reform), put in place many Constitution-following judges (for a change), stood against world tyrants, taken back the territory (created under Obama) away from ISIS, triggered a rebellion against the despots in Iran, began repealing the awful ObmaCare, began restoring our military capability, drastically improved job prospects and lifted many from welfare, has greatly unlocked the shackles (steep regulations) on our economy and our way of life, opened the Keystone XL pipeline and ocean offshore drilling lowering our fuel prices, brought sanity to our immigration system, and promoted religious liberty. I can't wait to see what miraculous developments we will see over the next SEVEN years. And, one more thing...I am a doctor who is in excellent health. I drink a bunch of Diet Cokes every day and eat fast food every chance I get. Personally, it is the insanity of the Obama administration, the media, and Congress over the last 8 years we should have been worried about. Let's be thankful that sanity has finally returned to our government, courtesy of Donald J. Trump. Mr. President, YES you are mentally stable and you are a genius. As a physician, a former Congressman, and an American; that is my diagnosis.

Deborah Evans Chester
Deborah Evans Chester Love my President. May God bless him, his family, and our great country.

Ted Roberts
Ted Roberts l second what you said John! All very true! I think he is Genius to accomplish all that he has done while fighting the Dems. and Congess and Hillary and the former president. They keep trying to bring him down but they just can`t do it.

Sharon Westrum
Sharon Westrum Well said John!!!!!

Jane Billberry Frye
Jane Billberry Frye Very well stated Dr. Fleming!
https://www.facebook.com/topic/Donald-T ... 8ggqpoV8Q3

Although this does not represent the majority of opinions expressed here, it does exist.
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 07 Jan 2018, 11:51

Trump is idolised by the Tea Party element of the Republicans, although their numbers have diminished in recent months. It's interesting to see in that quote that Trump's lies work. For example, economists say that Obama is responsible for the current state of the economy. This is true around the world: a new government or leader benefits from the policies of the previous administration for at least a year.