Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

terra
Silver Member
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

The Chinese Invasion

Post by terra » 22 Feb 2018, 08:55

Back in the fifties, it was commonplace to refer to,
"beware, the yellow peril".
But as time went on and political correctness took over, we weren't allowed to express our views on other races.
But in the year 2018, this man has had the balls to write a book called the Chinese Invasion....
he was knocked back from quite a few publishers but finally found one willing to back him.

"Thousands of agents of the Chinese state have integrated themselves into Australian public life — from the high spheres of politics, academia and business all the way down to suburban churches and local writers' groups — according to a controversial book to be published on Monday."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-22/b ... ia/9464692
"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".

Perrorist
Administrator

Re: The Chinese Invasion

Post by Perrorist » 22 Feb 2018, 09:22

If there is Chinese infiltration - and I'd be surprised if there isn't - it's by no means the only foreign nation to do so. The US has been doing it for years, and of course we've done the same thing ourselves.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 22 Feb 2018, 10:28

In today's world a country is failing if it's not keeping as up to date as possible on other countries' secrets. Agents no doubt have other things they like to do too, such as involvement with local writers' groups and suburban churches, without actually targeting them! There are also people who are not agents, but have agreed to be 'sleepers' who can be called on, if they find themselves in appropriate situations, to provide information. Could be any of us! Watch what you say! Walls have ears, etc etc.
:heeheehee
I dream, therefore I am.

terra
Silver Member
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Post by terra » 22 Feb 2018, 10:41

Australia has already fallen to other countries.
Our manufacturing sector has all but gone.... car manufacturing, oil refineries, manufacture of whitegoods and electical appliances.... all gone !
The only thing we can proudly claim as an "industry" is our fruit/veggies, cattle, pork, lamb and chook production.
When that's gone, we are totally dependent on other countries.
For example, if there were to be a world crisis of sorts... maybe a war or conflict, our fuel supplies would be gone in two weeks. That's all we have in reserve at any time.
Yep.... other countries have Australia by the short and curlys.
"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 22 Feb 2018, 13:56

Quite right. In part, that's due to corporate ownership of our politics. Globalisation and trade agreements have their place in the world, but not when they're driven by corporate interests. We need to stop corporate donations of all kinds, or we'll be like the US where every congress person dances to vested interests.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 22 Feb 2018, 18:51

No mention of Australia, but China/USA has an Australian connection. 2015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPlRMECUuxM

Also for a few laughs - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XQ1onjXJK0 - but still useful info in there. 2015

And more recently but quite long - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psErow4xaIo - Oct 2017
I dream, therefore I am.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 22 Feb 2018, 19:03

And in Africa, the welcome mat is out for China.
Talk that if it was a take-over it was better than European take-overs had been,
where conversion of language, religion, and customs were expected.

https://thediplomat.com/tag/china-africa-relations/
Aside from defusing the Le Monde bombshell, Wang and Fakit promised to strengthen communication and cooperation between China and the AU. At the strategic dialogue, they agreed on five key areas of cooperation moving forward: AU capacity building; infrastructure construction in Africa (with a particular focus on transnational and transregional connectivity); peace and security; public health and disease prevention; and tourism and aviation.
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 22 Feb 2018, 20:41

When I was in Suva (Fiji) a few years ago, I saw they were building a new Parliament. Guess who was paying for it.