Russia

Major issues which will affect Australia and the World

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Russia

Post by kfchugo » 31 Mar 2018, 09:26

The current rounds of "tit for tat" diplomat expulsions will do nothing to reign in Russia's unacceptable policies and actions. They seem to think that they can do ANYTHING and then just question evidence and deny culpability. Events in the U.K. show Russia/Putin to be vile and vindictive with no regard for life or the rule of law. It would be easy to suggest that we "pick up our bat and ball and go home"......refuse to engage with them and isolate them in world politics and especially trade. In our modern world however, this is simply impractical. The world does however, need to come up with a suitable and lasting response or the behavior will continue and eventually become "normal". This is yet another of lifes conundrums where I can plainly see the problem, but the solution eludes me.

Leonie

Re: Russia

Post by Leonie » 31 Mar 2018, 11:29

I know what you mean. We can all see the problems in so many of the issues facing us in our modern world, but not too many of us have the solutions, not even those elected to do so.

It's a complex world now and the problems we face are also complex. Everything seems to come down to outrage and posturing these days.

Let's all hope that's where it stays.

Mahalia
Moderator (Bronze Member)

Post by Mahalia » 31 Mar 2018, 14:53

Therein lies the problem - tit for tat is fine, posturing and grandstanding can be considered sometimes humorous but when some idiot decides to push the button - where to then?

We are again living in scary times - where rational thinking seems to have no place and the lunatics are running the asylum. :eek
The Scribbly Bark Poet
see some scribbles here - http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 31 Mar 2018, 16:05

I agree Mahalia and fear for our descendants. All of these so called "defensive weapons" and "nuclear deterants" are piling up around the world and it is only a matter of time before someone gets "trigger happy". Can you imagine if the Philippines had nukes......that nutjob would be sure to drop them on SOMEONE just to see the result. In our modern world of super weapons and sophisticated communications, we all hope that common sense and compromise will prevail, but there are no guarantees. The politicians of the world are always coming up with new and innovative ways to outrage and disappoint us.