Franking credits explained simply

Health, schooling, environmental, religious matters. Anything related to our farmers, miners, fishermen, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Perrorist
Administrator

Franking credits explained simply

Post by Perrorist » 10 Feb 2019, 14:57

Slapsy

Re: Franking credits explained simply

Post by Slapsy » 10 Feb 2019, 17:54

If franking credits make so much sense,to some people,why shouldn't I be reimbursed for the difference between the $2.50 cost of my occassional day in Sydney,and the real cost for other less fortunate people.

I first learned about franking credits,and their benefits,in 2002 when I thought I was completing my last tax return. At the time I was told,by my accountant, that it was a mistake by Peter Costello,and would not last. It was suggested that I use the windfall for a nice weekend away,which I have done.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Re: Franking credits explained simply

Post by Dreamweaver » 11 Feb 2019, 09:13

I haven't owed or payed tax for many years, yet it's still deducted from my meagre dividends. The amount is trifling, and not worth employing an accountant to recover it. Yet my cognitive decline with age makes it a burdensome task to tackle myself. For 5 years after my stroke and heart problems, I reclaimed nothing. When I caught up with that, I thought to unload such trifling investments, give them to family. All too much red tape for a bear of little brain. Once again franking credits are slowly accumulating in never-never land.

Yet I have a right to this money. It is tax I didn't owe being payed on my behalf from my money!
8-[
I dream, therefore I am.