Top of the Bill

Health, schooling, environmental, religious matters. Anything related to our farmers, miners, fishermen, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Top of the Bill

Post by mavisbramston » 07 May 2019, 09:35

Last night on Q and A Bill Shorten seemed to work off the cuff not reading an idiot card. What I saw was an excellent presentation. He did not dodge questions and for the first time I saw a relaxed confident leader. Well done.

Slapsy

Re: Top of the Bill

Post by Slapsy » 07 May 2019, 13:53

mavisbramston wrote:
07 May 2019, 09:35
Last night on Q and A Bill Shorten seemed to work off the cuff not reading an idiot card. What I saw was an excellent presentation. He did not dodge questions and for the first time I saw a relaxed confident leader. Well done.
The other bloke is squibbing it next week,so why don't they give Bill another go. I bet he would be up for it. It was nothing more than another town hall meeting for him last night. He answered all questions put to him honestly,and without hesitation. Most questioners were nodding in agreement at the end of each question. Well done Bill. =D= =D= =D=
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Post by Warrigal » 07 May 2019, 14:25

I am reassured that he, and his team, are ready to take over the reins.
If Bill doesn't BackTheBill, then don't back Bill - Gosford Anglican Church noticeboard.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 07 May 2019, 14:29

There is an ancient chinese curse "may you live in interesting times". I fear this election will merely see us replace morons with idiots. Is it not always the case? :character-oldtimer:

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 08 May 2019, 08:55

Maybe kf.
However

One thing Labor are very very bad at is blowing their own trumpet.
There is a belief that the conservatives are better able to handle the economy

Not so.
Rudd and Swan saved Australia from the worlds potentially worse recession. Swan was, quite rightly, hailed as the worlds best treasurer. Keating while never popular was an outstanding treasurer.
The countrys best prime minister ever was Gough Whitlam and was not the terrible economist nutters claim he was. Progressive reforms dont come for nothing besides the country picked up when Fraser came in.
Hang on !
The first year of Fraser the country operated under a Hayden budget.
Shorten if elected may well surprise us. Inthink he will grow in the job.
His front bench looks very impressive.
You all know how much I love Penny wong.
I remember the impressive young man who handled the Beaconsfield mining disaster brilliantly..
Last edited by mavisbramston on 10 May 2019, 21:28, edited 1 time in total.

Trishia

Post by Trishia » 08 May 2019, 13:04

Mavis, I agree entirely with your post.
Well done!
Let us hope that Labour is returned.
:good_luck

Mahalia
Moderator (Bronze Member)

Post by Mahalia » 08 May 2019, 17:06

I agree - I am not voting for any major party but Bill did conduct himself very well and he has also shown that he has respect for women and is proud of his Mum and no afraid to show that either. He rose considerably in my estimation for what was a very natural and relaxed interview. More power to him
The Scribbly Bark Poet
see some scribbles here - http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 08 May 2019, 18:09

I am not presently in Australia, and so dont see these debates and most other Australian news. So, I will simply clutch my deep seated prejudices to my bosom and await the outcome of the vote. Being a true democrat, as always, I accept the will of the Australian majority whether for good or ill.
I recall a quote by somebody or other that "every country gets the government it deserves". I believe that to be false and proven so over a great many elections held here.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 08 May 2019, 18:18

Bill Shorten is finally getting some positive attention from the media.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 10 May 2019, 19:53

The "Murdoch Media" is Shorten's biggest threat against winning the election!

Fight Murdoch and we will all benefit from the results!

:character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.