Religious freedom

Health, schooling, environmental, religious matters. Anything related to our farmers, miners, fishermen, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Perrorist
Administrator

Re: Religious freedom

Post by Perrorist » 12 Jun 2019, 16:16

Discrimination against lesbians? I'm sure they're used to it.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 12 Jun 2019, 18:10

Perrorist Queen Victoria had quaint ideas on that issue. I dont think the Bible ever mentions lesbians.

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 12 Jun 2019, 21:03

Only the gays seem to be reacting to Folau's post. I find that strange,or is it just an indication of their excessive sensitivity. When I asked my nephew about the post,he replied that Folau was just another dickhead to ignore, If we give it no fuel there will be no fire to worry about. Maybe that is why the other groups have been quiet too.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 13 Jun 2019, 07:17

Lesbians weren't recognised as such for a long time, on the basis that women couldn't have sexual relations.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 13 Jun 2019, 11:27

Slapsy, it is not just the gay community that is reacting to this - I am not gay but none the less am outraged that this dick-headed religious zealot thinks he can preach condemnation of all he considers to be sinners. If there are sins of arrogance, intolerance, hate or pride, then Folau has a "seat by the fire" in the afterlife reserved for him also.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 13 Jun 2019, 11:39

Of course Barnaby seems to see merit in what this. man has said.Trouble is the silly idiot joyce on four counts from the list qualifies for hell.
I wonder if any one has told the dumb Foloau that wearing tattoos qualifies him for hell as well.
Last edited by mavisbramston on 13 Jun 2019, 12:06, edited 1 time in total.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 13 Jun 2019, 11:40

Perrorist wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 07:17
Lesbians weren't recognised as such for a long time, on the basis that women couldn't have sexual relations.
Correct perrorist. Lesbian power. They can achieve the impossible. :happy-sunshine:

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Post by Warrigal » 13 Jun 2019, 23:32

My thinking on sexual taboos in the Hebrew bible are probably based on the idea that sex is all about procreation. There are taboos against Onanism (withdrawal as a form of contraception)) because a man's seed is meant to produce children. Survival of the tribe depended on this. Male homosexuality, referred to as sodomy, falls into the same category as Onanism, it is a waste of seed. Lesbianism would have mostly been confined to harems because most women would always have been under the control of their fathers or husbands unless they were prostitutes. In any case, sodomy does not describe sexual acts between women. For women and girls, premarital sex and adultery were punishable by death, surely the ultimate sanction.
If Bill doesn't BackTheBill, then don't back Bill - Gosford Anglican Church noticeboard.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 14 Jun 2019, 10:15

Great post warrigal.
My son and his husband do not like sodomy. There many gay men that do not practic anal sex. Not that they disapprove they just dont like it. I bet some here may find that hard to believe.
Sodomy is anal sex.
So will my son go to heaven?

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 14 Jun 2019, 12:07

Mavis, your son has as much chance as anyone of getting in to heaven/fairyland etc as anyone else. Anal sex is certainly not confined to homosexuals and some women actually seem to prefer it. In some cultures, young women employ it to preserve their virginity. I think many prudish people just ASSUME that male homosexuals indulge in anal sex and they find that abhorrent. I believe that is why the big focus on male homosexuality but lesbianism is "okay".
The world is full of opinionated people who are absolutely wedded to their own convictions and cannot/ will not see any counter argument or different opinion. :text-thankyou:

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Post by Warrigal » 14 Jun 2019, 12:26

Mavis, Heaven is another ancient concept that is quite outdated in the 21st century. So is Hell, Hades or the Underworld.

I find it much more helpful to talk about the Kingdom of Peace and Justice. This is the idea that we can create a new heaven on earth where cruelty is replaced with kindness, greed with generosity and oppression with freedom. It is the living out of the Good News to the Poor that Jesus said he had come to proclaim. This Kingdom is a Now and Forever vision that some of us strive to create in the here and now.

Rest easy about your son, You and he can be Kingdom builders regardless of your religious beliefs, status, gender or sexuality.
If Bill doesn't BackTheBill, then don't back Bill - Gosford Anglican Church noticeboard.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 14 Jun 2019, 12:28

Anal sex is the BUTT of too many naughty jokes.
Too much talk about it is a pain in the. Control mavis control. Ai really cannot help myself at times. Sorry
Back to vaudeville Mavis.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 14 Jun 2019, 12:35

What consenting adults get up to in private is none of my business.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 14 Jun 2019, 13:01

Perry, your last post should be tattooed on the forehead of every homophobe, preferably laterally inverted so that they can read it every time the look into a mirror.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 14 Jun 2019, 13:25

:icon_biggrin: