Are you all aware of this

Health, schooling, environmental, religious matters. Anything related to our farmers, miners, fishermen, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

grandduke
Diamond Member

Are you all aware of this

Post by grandduke »

We all assume governments have our best interest at heart, well it appears not when they introduce legislation
behind our backs that puts whatever money we have in bank accounts at risk and there is nothing you can do
about it should there be another financial crisis you lose you wealth to bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZ4efmSDwz4

i for one will be seeking assurances from my bank come friday.
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

Perrorist
Administrator

Re: Are you all aware of this

Post by Perrorist »

My daughter is an expert on this kind of thing and she says it's rubbish.

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke »

Then listen to this commentary first but with the state of not only this economy
but the global economy anything is possible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtqZ8ttyypg

and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEJyQlXt0zw

I hope your daughter is right Perry because something big is coming and banks and the government are gearing up for it
why did they bring in this bail in legislation in that puts the responsibility for bank failures onto depositors not the government
and there is no redress you can’t sue the government can you believe that, so you tell me whats going on.???
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist »

GD, I watched the first video, but the second was too long. I agree with the professor (as does my daughter) that the next recession is going to hurt. I've been saying this for quite a while now and it's definitely getting nearer. The US situation is particularly bad, as Trump has bought his so-called economic success by swelling the national debt. That price has yet to be paid.

Where my daughter takes issue is with bail-ins. She did a lot of work starting in 2010 explaining to banks outside of the US the implications of what was called Basle 3. This limits exposure if properly observed. In Australia, personal bank deposits are guaranteed up to $250,000. Business deposits are fully guaranteed.

Of course, who can say what might happen if there was a total economic collapse. We got close to it in 2008. One can only hope it never comes to that.

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke »

But Perry it keeps happening so is it democracy or capitalism thats failing
because its the under dog that always suffers and people are sick of it.
George Bernard Shaw

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist »

It's not democracy. Capitalism by it's nature is boom and bust. When governments regulate it, they help to smooth out the undulations.

If you take 2008 as an example, most countries went into recession because the they refused to interfere with the cycle, preferring austerity instead (in other words, let the people pay the price for capitalism's failure). Australia chose a Keynesian solution: invest public money to boost the economy. It worked. Can you imagine what the outcome would have been if the current mob had been in power then! The government copped a lot of flak for its measures from the Opposition at that time.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver »

Feb 29
The markets are in full-blown panic mode. Here’s why you shouldn’t be

Financial markets are being rocked by the coronavirus scare, with share prices falling off a cliff, bond yields tanking to all-time lows and the economic sunshine under threat from recessionary clouds.

Leading economist Saul Eslake says “there is a very real possibility that Australia’s long run of continuous economic growth will come to an end and the March quarter will see negative economic growth.”

https://thenewdaily.com.au/finance/fina ... ts-panick/
I dream, therefore I am.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver »

I posted a faulty link previously, but here is the content

What You Fear, You Create
Have you noticed that what we fear, we tend to create? Well it is not magical how that happens. Take for instance the Stock Market these days. There has been lots of talk about a near-recession or a full blown recession is happening in our economy. Since that conversation began, did you notice how many Americans and foreign investors ran quickly to their brokerage firms and sold their stock, thus creating a massive sell off. The sell offs then caused more panic and others went to do the same, thus causing the stock market to go down even lower. Then the Finance Chairman lowered the interest rate by a huge amount compared to historical standards, calling it a “stimulus package” to offset the slide in the market. Well, that action caused people to think, “Oh there must be something wrong”, and they panicked to cause a deeper plunge. At the end of the day, the results are matching the fears. Thus we create what we fear.

We may not create it directly, but the dynamics that go into effect from one action can geometrically grow into major outcomes. It shows you that your thoughts and actions make a difference and they influence other thoughts and actions which then affect you again. So be careful what you think and how you act on those thoughts, because they may come back to you in spades. What goes around comes around — “circle, circle!”. Said another way, every cause has an effect, and every effect has a cause. This is what is meant by the law of attraction in action. It is not magical; it is dynamical. You do, in that sense, create your own reality.
https://www.rayblanchard.com/what-you-f ... eate-blog/
I dream, therefore I am.

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke »

You are ducribing Karma dreamweaver for every cause there us its effect,
they say its true justice because we are its designers.
quote Do not be afraid of your difficulties.Do not wish you could be in other circumstances than you are. For when you have made the best of an adversity, it becomes the stepping stone to a splendid opportunity.
Madam Blavatski
George Bernard Shaw

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver »

As well as relating to the stock exchange, I see people frightened of a goods shortage, then proceeding to create one. Think toilet paper!)
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist »

Right from the start, mixed messaging has caused confusion. It's no wonder there's been panic. Thankfully, it's beginning to calm down.