Should we keep schools open?

Health, schooling, environmental, religious matters. Anything related to our farmers, miners, fishermen, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Should we keep schools open?

Post by mavisbramston » 25 Mar 2020, 10:31

Sometimes I simply do not know.
Should we close schools?
Here where I live kids are going nuts, running around shops unsupervised. .
Not sure on this one.

Trishia

Re: Should we keep schools open?

Post by Trishia » 25 Mar 2020, 11:03

Mavis, I can't see the sense in closing the schools.
How are Mothers going to keep their jobs if they have to look after kids. They will then be poverty stricken if they are sole parents..
Also, kids BORED, do silly things, and are more likely to get into dangerous situations , than when they were at school.

So, I don't think the schools should close.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 25 Mar 2020, 11:17

It's still the best option.

Teddy
Diamond Member

Post by Teddy » 25 Mar 2020, 13:18

Until our national standing goes up in the international student ratings ,we certainly need to keep the schools open(also for other reasons as expressed by Trisha!)Here in Qld.,"Letters to the Editor" in the Courier Mail, give the impression ,it is the teachers saying the schools should be shut down!

lynny
Diamond Member

Post by lynny » 25 Mar 2020, 13:42

Tasmania seems to be moving towards closing the schools. My grandson's school is closed from tomorrow and they are going to online learning. He's been at home for 2 weeks though as he lives here with me and I am apparently a person of high risk being 'old' and just out of hospital. He was given the choice to stay home and has been totally supported by the school.

I'd say Tassie is moving towards total lockdown pretty fast. Border control has definitely moved up a level.

It's the way to go in my opinion.

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 25 Mar 2020, 14:15

Two reasons that Morrison is insisting on the schools remaining open :
(1)...He is following what Singapore is doing,which means he is lying. Singapore is checking the temperature of every child entering the school,and sending any which are high,home. That is not being done here. I have asked my grandkids.
(2)...It is part of a herd immunity strategy,which is sneaky and secretive. Something that he thinks he is very good at.
If it is good enough for school teachers,and admin staff,to put themselves at risk,then the least politicians should do is make an effort to run the country. The whole lot of them should just **** off to Hawaii
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89