Is Gladys finished?

Health, schooling, environmental, religious matters. Anything related to our farmers, miners, fishermen, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Is Gladys finished?

Post by Buck_naked »

If you sleep with dogs you get up with fleas.
discuss.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10-13/ ... y/12747854

Perrorist
Administrator

Re: Is Gladys finished?

Post by Perrorist »

Agreed. I doubt she will survive for much longer.

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Post by Warrigal »

She has a lot of public sympathy and support, including from yours truly and I vote Labor or Greens.
That is not to say that someone in the front bench doesn't fancy his chances as leader.
Twitter just had a collective shadenfraudegasm.

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy »

Ms.Berejiklian made a big mistake today. She claimed that the leader of the opposition had sat in cabinet with criminals Obeid and Macdonald. She must have forgotten that Jodi Mackay had reported both of them to ICAC,which,with pressure from her own party,resulted in a pause to her political career. Now she is back,as leader,with her credibility retained,possibly enhanced. She will use that advantage to make life very difficult for the Premier,as she should.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy »

ps .... While reading a sports site recently I was reminded of the sandpaper scandal which almost destroyed Australian cricket. The Captain at the time,Steve Smith,when told about what was going on,replied,"I do not need to know". When caught out he accepted his responsibility,but was still suspended from the game for 12 months.
Why should Gladys Berejiklian be treated any different for saying something similar.. Isn't she the captain of NSW?
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Post by Warrigal »

If she goes, who will take her place?
During this pandemic I would rather her steady hand than someone with more ambition than experience.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist »

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist »

Warrigal wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 18:22
During this pandemic I would rather her steady hand than someone with more ambition than experience.
Agreed. If Perrottet gets to be PM, watch out. My daughter says he's the meanest, most right-wing of the LNP.

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked »

as Slapsy said above, the quote from the tapes "i do not need to know this' means even then she is looking for some kind of 'plausible deniability ' .
She must have had a feeling this guy was up to some shady business.
For all that has gone on in the history of nsw and ICAC busting so many pollies, and she allegedly being a stickler for the rules and a person of 'integrity' , how could the alarm bells be not ringing inside her head?

They say love is blind, but this is blindfolded in a cave on the dark side of the moon.....
Just sayin'..... :thinking: :thinking:

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy »

Warrigal wrote:
15 Oct 2020, 18:22

Just to see the reaction from Morrison,I would like to see Matt Kean get the job.

Warrigal
Emerald Member

Post by Warrigal »

I know nothing about Matt Kean. In fact, the whole front bench, apart from the Premier, is a mystery to me.
How good is he?

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist »

Matt Kean is on the left of the Liberal Party. My daughter says he's the only one she's dealt with (on climate change) who is fair-minded. In fact, she can't understand why he's a Liberal!

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy »

Matt Kean is in the wrong party,and would certainly get up Morrison's nose if elected leader. After he had critisised Morrison during the bushfires Morrison remarked,"nobody knows him." It is a shame that there are not more like him.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston »

Of course none of us care about her pesonal life but if she has been compromised thats another matter.
Actually I do not mind her.
I quite like her.

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy »

On top of tearing down perfectly useful sports stadiums,infrastructure overspending and corrupt boyfriends,we now have "shreddergate". It is just a matter of time,now,before she is GONE.
It is impossible for anybody to be as squeaky clean as she is claiming to be.