Cross the bloody floor

Health, schooling, environmental, religious matters. Anything related to our farmers, miners, fishermen, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

grandduke
Diamond Member

Re: Cross the bloody floor

Post by grandduke » 16 Sep 2017, 13:20

Yes he did, yes he did. So the question is Maybenot, will
you
or willyounot cross the floor. \:D/ \:D/ :heeheehee :heeheehee
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

maybenot

Post by maybenot » 16 Sep 2017, 21:57

I just think that this whole thing is meant to divert people from what's really worrying them ... 'legalising' SSM is a no brainer, doesn't hurt anyone ... it's the method used and the waste of money that would be better spent on improving health services for the underprivileged, homeless and genuine needy people that irks me.
Reality is ruining my life

maybenot

Post by maybenot » 16 Sep 2017, 22:23

And, altho' I didn't ( will not ) vote, my personal opinion is that Same sex coupling is not 'MARRIAGE' altho' it seems that 'marriage' has been redefined, what next? What is a Husband now? is it a man married to a woman? or will it just mean that a man is 'married' to another human being?
I don't mean to be facetious, I'm genuinely curious
Reality is ruining my life

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 17 Sep 2017, 06:06

They seem to sort it out themselves. Both terms signify a partner of one sex or the other, but that distinction has much to with the historical origins of marriage, whereby one partner, the woman, was the carer and the man the provider. These roles have become almost interchangeable. My daughter was the provider and her husband the carer for a number of years when their kids were young.