Over populated

Health, schooling, environmental, religious matters. Anything related to our farmers, miners, fishermen, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Re: Over populated

Post by Dreamweaver » 11 Mar 2018, 13:36

Crimes committed, year ending September 2017
Country of birth . Offenders . Proportion of offender population
...Australia...... 59,048...... 71.7 per cent
...New Zealand.. 1,826....... 2.2 per cent
...India ............1,155....... 1.4 per cent
..UK and Ireland. 1,063..... ..1.3 per cent
...Vietnam.......... 20 .........1.1 per cent
...Sudan........... 846 .........1.0 per cent
Source: CSA
Those Australians! They're our problem - let's nuke 'em all!
No that's a bit extreme. Let's put all Australians behind bars.
:character-oldtimer:
I dream, therefore I am.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 11 Mar 2018, 13:56

Thank you Terra for that article. As these waves come, and go again and are forgotten, I can understand the policy of not wanting to 'give a dog a bad name,' as then instead of disappearing they'd hang on. I think the more we learn about any situation, the more we see how much more there is to learn. Good work hunting down facts, Terra - we can all do with them. :icon_biggrin:
I dream, therefore I am.

terra
Silver Member
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Post by terra » 11 Mar 2018, 14:23

I don't mind hunting down facts DW but we must be aware that not everything that you read on the internet is truth. We must also avoid "cherrypicking" to find an answer to suit our particular beliefs.

The number one priority is to seek the truth and if we can find data that has a respected author, such as Government Ministers, Police and Military Chiefs etc, then we can be reasonably assured that it's true and not speculation. :text-thankyou:
"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 11 Mar 2018, 14:45

The main point I take from that article is that in areas where certain nationalities or ethnic groups tend to congregate, those groups will be over-represented compared with the general population. I should imagine that Chatswood has a higher crime rate for Asians, especially Chinese, for the same reason, though the types of crime may be different. Certainly true years ago in inner-west Sydney for Italians and Greeks.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 11 Mar 2018, 16:23

Neither would I be inclined to trust the words of all Government Ministers, Police and Military Chiefs etc., Terra!
Govt. Ministers on the bottom, Military Chiefs more credible but can still collude, and Police Chiefs the best of the bunch - but that's just my opinion!
:lol:
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 12 Mar 2018, 08:43

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 12 Mar 2018, 10:52

Extremely interesting indeed rather depressing.
However its good to know others share my concern. Thankyou Perrorist.

lynny
Diamond Member

Post by lynny » 12 Mar 2018, 17:45

Watching Four Corners tonight. 8.30 ABC

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 12 Mar 2018, 17:55

My personal opinion is that Australia as a nation has delusions of grandeur. In population, militarily and geopolitically, we always seem to be wanting to be bigger, better and more influential. Growth for growths sake is going to destroy our standard of living. I dont see Australia ever being a "world power" but we seem to have been riding on the coat tails of first Britain and now the U.S. Our politicians always seem to want more but we simply dont have the population base to live up to their expectations - nor (I suspect) do the majority of Aussies want to.

Leonie

Post by Leonie » 14 Mar 2018, 18:13

kfchugo wrote:
12 Mar 2018, 17:55
My personal opinion is that Australia as a nation has delusions of grandeur. In population, militarily and geopolitically, we always seem to be wanting to be bigger, better and more influential. Growth for growths sake is going to destroy our standard of living. I dont see Australia ever being a "world power" but we seem to have been riding on the coat tails of first Britain and now the U.S. Our politicians always seem to want more but we simply dont have the population base to live up to their expectations - nor (I suspect) do the majority of Aussies want to.
I think you're right. Another way it manifests itself is one of my pet peeves. The oft-trotted out "It's UnAustralian" whenever something nasty happens, like Australia is some sort of benchmark for good behaviour - yep, definitely delusions of grandeur.

terra
Silver Member
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Post by terra » 15 Mar 2018, 09:44

"Life's too short to drink cheap wine".

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 15 Mar 2018, 11:34

That tells you all you need to know about this and the previous Labor governments' true reasons for persisting with their discriminatory policy.

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 15 Mar 2018, 14:27

Why don't they just get on a boat and take their chances. They might enjoy life on a Pacific island,living in a mouldy tent.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 15 Mar 2018, 15:51

Perhaps we do need a nice little war to thin the ranks of the "great un-washed". History seems to have thrown them up when most needed :eek

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 15 Mar 2018, 17:00

Donald Trump's on it.