This is NOT right!

Are we being treated like human beings by our Corporate Captains? Have they heard of the word 'compassion' or is greed the guiding light for them?

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Trishia

This is NOT right!

Post by Trishia » 25 Mar 2019, 09:49

As a country which is always short of WATER, should we let foreign companies OWN our water resources???? Is the government so short sighted as to let this happen???

https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2019- ... s/10923384

:flaming_mad

Perrorist
Administrator

Re: This is NOT right!

Post by Perrorist » 25 Mar 2019, 11:32

We have a history of virtually giving our assets to foreign companies. Add Port Darwin, leased to China, and the gas we export at giveaway prices while domestic consumers pay high prices. Ludicrous.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 25 Mar 2019, 15:32

It's a 'head banging' subject and hard to comprehend how we can justify such actions.
I can only describe it as a moronic disease born out of GREED!

Can it be explained in more logical terms?

:hitting_wall :hitting_wall :hitting_wall
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 20 Apr 2019, 08:15

I cannot add much except to agree.
Water is precious, how dare they!

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 20 Apr 2019, 10:22

I have been fruitlessly googling for something I well know. No sign of it.
Investment in water distribution rights has long been held by an American whose name evades me. He is a well known politician, and has international water interests. As I remember, the Middle East provided a better investment in water than in oil. He (his company) held the distribution rights not only there but in some of Australia. You will see no mention of that here - https://www.chw.net.au/about-us/corporate-information, but I saw it some years ago, after noticing my water bill and searching. Now water is included in my rental, so no water bill!

"200 utilities delivering services potable water Australia" - https://www.pc.gov.au/inquiries/complet ... olume1.pdf

The best I can come up with is recent info -
https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2019- ... s/10923384
"Foreign corporations have rights under our free-trade agreements that aren't available to Australians," Professor Quiggin said.
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 20 Apr 2019, 11:59

Hamish Investigates: Did the Government Just Waste $80-Million Buying Water?
This is serious, because there's a suggestion that Barnaby Joyce and Angus Taylor have their hands dirty. A Cayman Islands tax haven and $80 million also feature.

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 20 Apr 2019, 13:00

Perrorist wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 11:59
Hamish Investigates: Did the Government Just Waste $80-Million Buying Water?
This is serious, because there's a suggestion that Barnaby Joyce and Angus Taylor have their hands dirty. A Cayman Islands tax haven and $80 million also feature.
The only mainstream media organisation with the courage to report this is channel 10. Barnaby Joyce,pre byelection,all over again.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 20 Apr 2019, 16:25

Dead right.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 23 Apr 2019, 21:36

The only mainstream media organisation with the courage to report this is channel 10. Barnaby Joyce,pre byelection,all over again.

I have been reading "The Guardian" lately and they have featured this water problem quite passionately.
Wouldn't trust Joyce as far as I can throw him.

=D= =D= =D=
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 24 Apr 2019, 05:46

The issue is now hotting up. Joyce's interview with Patricia Karvelas on Radio National the other day has to be heard to be believed. Interview

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 24 Apr 2019, 07:22

Remarkable! He was frothing at the mouth apparently.
I dream, therefore I am.

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy » 24 Apr 2019, 15:26

godfather wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 21:36

I have been reading "The Guardian" lately and they have featured this water problem quite passionately.
Wouldn't trust Joyce as far as I can throw him.

=D= =D= =D=
I am aware,GF,that the Guardian has published some stories about water misuse,and possible corruption. Here is something that you may/not have seen. It goes much deeper,and has caused some journalists to receive legal letters from Mr Taylor's solicitors. It also caused the author,MsVeruca,to be banned from Twitter : https://independentaustralia.net/politi ... leak,12603
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 24 Apr 2019, 20:54

There won't be a defamation case. It was reasonable conjecture based on available facts and the refusal of parties to respond to legitimate questions. At least, that's how I see it.

lynny
Diamond Member

Post by lynny » 25 Apr 2019, 10:58

How is this blithering idiot a member of the government? He was deputy PM at one time! It beggars belief.

Buck isn't around much so I'll say it for him........we're doomed!

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 26 Apr 2019, 19:07

Slapsy, I do realise that nothing is perfect, but please keep in mind that your extract from the Independent is NOT defending Angus Taylor or Joyce.
Why would Taylor register these companies in the Cayman Island? Because it will evade Australian Tax Laws, and benefit a sale to another owner.
If you are an Australian, why would you avoid paying the customary taxes? Greed, seems to be a major motivation, and in my opinion that just doesn't cut it for any Australian!

:kiss_my_bum: :kiss_my_bum: :kiss_my_bum: