Krafty

Are we being treated like human beings by our Corporate Captains? Have they heard of the word 'compassion' or is greed the guiding light for them?

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Krafty

Post by Dreamweaver »

Attention all Aussies! Last year, Kraft (USA) sold the original recipes for their Australian peanut butter and Vegemite to Bega Dairy in NSW. Kraft would not allow Bega to keep the Kraft name so it had to change to Bega, but keeping the familiar label.

Now Kraft has decided to come back with a different peanut butter recipe and oppose Bega's business! Just because they have more money, doesn't mean they should renege on the deal by returning in opposition to the original company they sold!

We need to stick with Bega because they use mostly Australian peanuts, while Kraft now only has access to largely imported nuts.

SUPPORT BEGA PEANUT BUTTER & VEGEMITE!

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=178 ... 5847622865

Labels are almost identical
I dream, therefore I am.

Slapsy

Re: Krafty

Post by Slapsy »

What else would you expect from a large American company. I am surprised that they didn't duplicate Vegemite too.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver »

Be no longer surprised, Slapsy. The illustration in that article shows a replication of both Peanut Butter and Vegemite. Bega and Kraft side by side.
:teary
I dream, therefore I am.

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy »

That will teach me to open a link before commenting,eh. Now,I am surprised that they are not suing Bega Cheese for using the name "Vegemite",but maybe that is coming.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist »

Kraft has the muscle to push the Bega brand to a low shelf much as Colgate did to Macleans in the toothpaste rack to keep it from being at eye level.

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy »

We buy no more than one jar of Vegemite each year,from ALDI. I just checked that,nearly full,jar and it is the real deal. Seems to debunk the myth that you can't buy Australian made goods at ALDI,eh.