Corporate misconduct

Are we being treated like human beings by our Corporate Captains? Have they heard of the word 'compassion' or is greed the guiding light for them?

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

grandduke
Diamond Member

Corporate misconduct

Post by grandduke » 11 Sep 2016, 17:03

I received this in an email and if its true what sort
of government have we here.
I've been a business journalist for over 20 years. During that time, I've uncovered many egregious cases of corporate misconduct – from Australia's largest coal company paying almost nothing in tax on billions in revenue, to the $4.5 billion siphoned offshore by Newscorp.

I couldn't do this work without the ASIC database. That's why I'm speaking out against this Government's efforts to put Australia's corporate database under corporate control.

Click here to find out about how journalists like myself use the ASIC database to shine a light on corporate wrongdoing, then share it with everyone you know.

The ASIC database contains more than ten million records on Australian businesses. It's the best paper trail we have to track corporate financial affairs, including tax dodging, money laundering and human trafficking.

Already, the charges levied by ASIC for this supposedly public information are believed to be the highest of any country in the world, at $38 a pop. Now, this Goverment wants to sell the ASIC database to a private operator. What are they thinking?

How could anyone believe that, by delivering the nation's corporate database into the hands of a private monopoly, the public interest could possibly be served?

We need to work together to throw the lid off this sell off while there's still time to stop it. Can you share this video and help spread the word?

If all my years investigating corporate affairs has taught me anything, it's that we need more corporate scrutiny, not less.

Michael West
Investigative Journalist :thinking:
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

Perrorist
Administrator

Re: Corporate misconduct

Post by Perrorist » 11 Sep 2016, 17:34

I saw that the other day and added my name to a petition he started.

Every day there's a further encroachment on our right to transparency of political and corporate interests. Neither major party is interested.