Im alright jack

How can we improve the prognosis for our maturing Australians? Suggestions, ideas, proposals for better social and health issues, including retirement accommodation, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Im alright jack

Post by mavisbramston » 25 May 2019, 10:58

Of course its not just fellow seniors but there is no doubt that many clung to their twisted interpretations of the Labor frankin credits policies they have much to answer for.
However it seems to me sadly that we live in a society that is selfish and has no sense of vision.
I love silver peers.A hundred times better than other right wing sites I have belonged to.
Sadly many of our fellow seniors clearly are either stupid or simply dont care.

Here is how they think

Stuff future generations I wont be here.
Stuff the barrier reef I have seen it.
So a few fish die. Who cares?
Marriage? I am not gay so stuff them. Marriage is MY word!
Climate change? Too difficult. Climates always changing. Who cares.
Refuges? Not my problem.
Its free speech. I should be free to call them faggots, mozzies, terrorists, sheilas. I dont care about hurting them. I am alright Jack!

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Re: Im alright jack

Post by mavisbramston » 25 May 2019, 11:17

Dear chums

If I am sounding angry I am.
Thankfully we have the Greens.

Trishia

Post by Trishia » 25 May 2019, 18:52

I am angry too Mavis. I wish the Liberals had given Adani their goodbye ticket. Instead, they are destroying the future of our country, just to make more money. Adani won't pay people much if they give them jobs. They will pollute the air , and finish off the Barrier Reef too The Loggers used the JOBS thing too, and look at the damage they did.
This government and silly people are not interested in the future generations. Otherwise, they would have voted Morrison and his mates OUT.
:flaming_mad

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 30 May 2019, 13:38

Trisha I am sad that people live for the here and now. There is no vision.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 31 May 2019, 08:00

We need to make our feelings known to our elected representatives, otherwise they just think we agree with them.

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 31 May 2019, 10:58

how far forward do we look?
Science tells us earth will transition back to an ice age....eventually
Killing all humans in australia will only reduce global emissions by 1%
The great barrier reef is still gonna die no matter what australia does.
David Suzuki preached population control-he has 5 kids, hypocrit.
did anyone measure the emissions of bob browns adani convoy? hypocrites
all the past pedictions:
amazon destroyed by year 2000. nope
all oil used up by year 2000. nope
all bees gonna be dead by year 2000. nope
wot me worry? , nope!
yep i'll be dead.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 31 May 2019, 13:49

You need to read different sources, Buck. We're already seeing the results of global warming with increasing temperatures, adverse weather events, melting icebergs, and sp on. They've now started growing tropical fruit trees in Sicily, because their usual crops are struggling with the change.

We're facing a climate crisis and indifference and denial will only make it even worse.

Buck_naked
Emerald Member

Post by Buck_naked » 31 May 2019, 16:57

we are constantly barraged with negative news
the japs are coming , the japs are coming (WWII)
the world will be destroyed by nukes (helen caldicott)
the world will be destroyed by commies
the world will be destroyed capitalism
the world will be destroyed by roundup
the world will be destroyed by muslims

no wonder people are distrustful....
just came back from a roadtrip, saw the massive wind farm out near dalby, $800 million project
towers are 135 meters high

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 31 May 2019, 17:35

Not sure why you are worried about 150+ meters high wind turbines?
They generate power without the use of fossil fuels, don't they?

Here is a short snippet from a post I read after the recent election result. Read it all 'cause it has a certain message to those of us who believe in "TODAY" and don't have a vision for the future:

"I don’t think it matters much who leads the ALP because, whoever the leader, Labor has little chance of winning the next election and possibly the election after. We might as well save ourselves some money and not even bother with elections for the next six years, or so. The electorate has clearly signaled it will vote for what it perceives to be its own self interest, not that there’s anything especially ‘wrong’ with that. As part of the self-interest ‘argument’, Australians have decided that our efforts to reduce carbon emissions are too insignificant to make a difference and have also decided that we don’t want to be innovation leaders. Regardless of whether Australians think climate change is real is now irrelevant. The rest of the world has decided it wants to move to a ‘cleaner’ environment. It doesn’t matter if they are right or wrong about climate change just as it doesn’t matter what their reasons are: they’ve chosen. In the not too distant future the world will determine that it doesn’t want our coal and will buy decreasing quantities until they eventually buy none. Around that time the self-interest of many Australians will change. There won’t be a choice: producing something no one wants is not an option. It won’t be in people’s self-interest to stick with traditional coal mining jobs because that’ll be a dead industry. It might then be in Australian’s self-interest to be technological innovators. Of course it might be too late by then because the world will have moved on but that’s the chance we take in making an assessment of where our self-interest lies. "

Humans are often misled by their own intelligence or perceptions.
Regardless of what science has proven and the actual effects we are experiencing, many (too many) still believe that they are being conned.
Take a step back and look at what is happening around the World regarding climate, and you will quickly realise that our environment is heating up.
We may be able to survive a colder climate but heat is a different matter, especially if it affects our food crops.

I will paraphrase the words of one of our members: "We are doomed!" unless we take some immediate actions.

:character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer: :character-oldtimer:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 31 May 2019, 18:05

:good_one

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston » 31 May 2019, 21:34

The diversity of opinions, the friendly debate.
I learn so much from you folk.

kfchugo
Bronze Member

Post by kfchugo » 05 Jun 2019, 17:11

After many years of peace and prosperity, Australians have lost the will to make personal sacrifices. Am I any different? - sadly, no.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist » 05 Jun 2019, 18:45

If you give someone something, they'll say thank you. Later, when you take it back there's hell to pay. Very noticeable in politics, shares and house prices.