You Think You're Somebody Till...

How can we improve the prognosis for our maturing Australians? Suggestions, ideas, proposals for better social and health issues, including retirement accommodation, etc.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

hawkeye
Bronze Member

You Think You're Somebody Till...

Post by hawkeye » 09 Oct 2010, 06:23

I had an exacerbation. I got an infection in my lungs. It's funny has quickly these infections slip upon you. You start getting tired easier, like walking from one room to another would exhaust you, your blood oxygen slips down in the low 70s on the the finger measuring device, Your muscles ache, your head hurts, you have more difficulty coughing up blockage to your breathing apparatus , it's now coming up bobbly and yellow and is so difficult at times, you have a panic moment, even on albuterol. You are weak. You're running fever and jerking with chills. You only get out of bed now to go to the bathroom. You've already started taking the antibiotics your doctor has prescribed in advance for such an occasion as this. You have a critical lung disease and you can't just sweat it out, hoping it will go away. You have to get aggressive. A couple or three mornings later, you wake up sweating, fever and chills gone. Your head still aches but not as bad. You get up and slip on some pants, go to the computer room. You don't turn on the computer. Instead you pick up one of the harps laying around on the desk. You start slow, drawing, drawing, drawing, trying to force out some of that carbon dioxide that has accumulated over time and leaves little room for oxygen. You blow the harp for thirty minutes or so and you feel better. You know you're on the mend. Morning has broken and you're whistling Dixie.

Teddy
Diamond Member

Re: You Think You're Somebody Till...

Post by Teddy » 09 Oct 2010, 09:09

Good to know you're back with us Hawkeye,as you've been one sick boy! :handgestures-thumbsupright:

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 09 Oct 2010, 10:35

Missed you particularly the last week of September, Hawkeye, hoped you were okay. It was good to see you back on deck this month. Hope you stay in fighting form for the moving! How long now?
I dream, therefore I am.

hawkeye
Bronze Member

Post by hawkeye » 09 Oct 2010, 15:17

Don't know, DW. Won't move till the house sales. House don't sell, won't move. More realistically, could be next week or next year. But it's a bad housing market, so who knows.

Maggs
Diamond Member

Post by Maggs » 09 Oct 2010, 15:53

Well, now that you are back in good health again, you must really start to take care of yourself. Take it easy, Hawkeye and let events occur as they will....worrying about them will not help, but a relaxed and sensible attitude will certainly make life easier while you are waiting for a buyer...who may be just around the corner!

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 10 Oct 2010, 20:57

That doesn't sound too good for an illness to have.
Good to see that things are improving, have a beaut day, week, month and year.

:handgestures-thumbsupright: :handgestures-thumbsupright: :handgestures-thumbsupright:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Dusty
Silver Member

Post by Dusty » 14 Oct 2010, 19:34

Sorry to see you have been so ill Hawkeye ,It surely doesn't sound too pleasant Leave your troubles in the lap of the Gods mate, if it is meant to be it will be in the meantime you look after yourself eat well, sleep well and laugh a lot and whatever will be ,willl be bright blessings Dusty
I,m right into Craft, cant remember a flamin' thing