Send in the clowns

Introduce ourselves. If you are a new member, say a few words to let us know you are now part of the Silverpeers fraternity. Our members will welcome you with warm words.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Send in the clowns

Post by mavisbramston »

Vale to one of the greats

Stephen Sondheim

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Re: Send in the clowns

Post by Dreamweaver »

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wi ... 1-81424916
Stephen Sondheim, the genius of musical theatre who has died aged 91, passed away hours after a celebratory Thanksgiving dinner with friends, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

‘The circumstances of his death were quite remarkable,’ a friend said, telling how the American composer behind some of Broadway’s greatest musicals dined on Thursday at a friend’s house near his Connecticut home.

‘He was frail but his usual wonderfully witty self, full of anecdotes and very lively. Things broke up at 9.30pm and he died at 1am,’ he said.

‘Sondheim essentially died for Thanksgiving surrounded by his closest friends. Right through the dinner and when the dinner ended, he was 100 per cent there. The general feeling is, what a way to go. We should all be so lucky.’
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... iends.html
I dream, therefore I am.

mavisbramston
Bronze Member

Post by mavisbramston »

Genius is a very over used word but because of the diversity and remarkable complexity of Sondheim it is the best way to describe him.
His music will be played for many generations to come.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist »

He was a genius, no question, and with that other genius, Leonard Bernstein...such remarkable talent.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver »

I dream, therefore I am.