Seems like such a nice place :)

Introduce ourselves. If you are a new member, say a few words to let us know you are now part of the Silverpeers fraternity. Our members will welcome you with warm words.

Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver

Phyl.

Re: Seems like such a nice place :)

Post by Phyl. » 29 Aug 2015, 11:46

Hi Godfather and all the great folk make up such a nice forum. How nice to be missed. Peter (husband) and I are SO under the weather with the horrible "lurgy" and have been for some days now, and feeling like some chocolate :)
Anyone got just a bit of strawberry creme please, that we are just struggling along aww poor us :(
Hope others with, or getting over this dreadful strain of flu, and most of us had the U-Beaut injection to boot
are feeling at least a tad better today.
Savour every minute we have been given hey.
hugs
Phyl.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 30 Aug 2015, 20:25

Glad you are hanging in there trying to beat the flu. It's a hard job but someone has got to do it, hey!
Chocolate, another chocolate lover. Well here is something to wet your appetite.

:choc_lover: :choc_lover: :choc_lover:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Dusty
Silver Member

Post by Dusty » 01 Sep 2015, 17:01

We have also had the dreaded lurgy for the past 2 weeks,so know how you feel Phyl ,but I shouldn'treally complain as it is the first for me for 30 years
I,m right into Craft, cant remember a flamin' thing

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 01 Sep 2015, 19:03

Brisbane has just been declared the Flu capital of Australia.
Apparently, I new strain of Flu has surfaced or shall I say re-surfaced and hitting us very hard.
The "Brisbane" strain was included in the early fluvax and then discarded from the injections because it was considered to be of less importance than another strain. The belated arrival of the 'new' fluvax covered the worst of the strains in Australia...........so all the experts reported.
Now, they are hitting each other with pillows because the real difficult to control strain "Brisbane" was not included in the vaccine.
SE Qld is in a flu epidemic at present and it is a shocking situation with over 3000 new cases last week alone.

Cover up Brisbane and SE Qld, it isn't over yet!

http://www.9news.com.au/health/2015/09/ ... -on-record

:eek :eek :eek
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Lauren

Post by Lauren » 17 Dec 2015, 00:51

Hi Phyl..
You prob remember me I sure do remember you and your husband Peter... and your lovely friendship and post
on other forum... welcome here and so lovely to see you again... and lovely to read all your wonderful posts again.. :happy-sunshine:

Phyl.

Post by Phyl. » 02 Jan 2016, 17:15

Hi everyone and thank you.

Of course I remember you Lauren and your husband Frank (I am fairly sure Frank)
I miss you all, and would love to hear how Bev.and Brenda and many more friends I had on the other forum are going now.
I have not heard from Dusty or Pommy and would love to keep in touch.
Hugs
Phyl, and my best mate Peter :)

Lauren

Post by Lauren » 06 Jan 2016, 00:00

Hi Phyl.
I am not sure about Brenda or Bev now either they might be on another forum I know Dusty is , yes you have my husbands name
right and I always remember you having healthy foods and your shopping sprees.. ahh those were the days but new days ahead now and
we have to press on and this forum is lovely I just have to find more time to settle into it .. after i get my medical stuff sorted out.. few problems
but nothing I can`t handle.. lots worse off than I am .. Have a Happy New Year and hope to read some more of your lovely tales or posts..
take care and say hi to Peter for me.. x

Dusty
Silver Member

Post by Dusty » 06 Jan 2016, 13:30

I'm still here Phyl ,just been teid up with a few medical probs and family history and grandkids ,but I am going to be better this year at keeping in touch.
I am not too fond of thet other place we used to frequent , don;t much like the new setup, so hardly ever go there
I hope the New Year is kind to you and Peter,and of course ,the same to all our other friends on this great forum
I,m right into Craft, cant remember a flamin' thing

Lauren

Post by Lauren » 07 Jan 2016, 20:45

Hi Dusty so nice to see you here and I agree with you about the other place I can never do a message right it just won`t post properly so hence no
going there .. this one is nice and lots of nice friends on here.. Happy New Year to you and hopefully you have a much better year health wise etc.. :happy-sunshine:

Gerry

Post by Gerry » 10 Jan 2016, 21:00

Tis always wonderful to hear from Dusty Tadpole :wqoohoo

terra
Silver Member
Location: South-Eastern foothills of Mt. Gingenbullen, Southern Highlands NSW

Post by terra » 11 Jan 2016, 12:52

Good to see that you're still with us Gerry. :icon_biggrin:

Geez mate... you've been a member since 2012 and you've posted just 16 times /
c'mon ! ... get stuck into it and lets hear more from you ! :wqoohoo