Stickers to charge your mobile phone

Something that would never happen but did! This section is about all the wondrous things in our world - Wildlife Animals, World Medicine, Physics, Archaeology - things too numerous to list.
Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Stickers to charge your mobile phone

Post by Dreamweaver » 10 Dec 2014, 20:03

Peel-and-stick solar cells developed by National Geographic 2014 Emerging Explorer and Stanford scientist Xiaolin Zheng could revolutionize the way we harness the immense energy of the sun. With her innovation, solar power is advancing from lightweight solar panels to tiny stickers that could charge your mobile phone.

http://video.nationalgeographic.com/vid ... f6187510=1
I dream, therefore I am.

godfather
Diamond Member

Re: Stickers to charge your mobile phone

Post by godfather » 10 Dec 2014, 20:15

It is amazing watching the progress of so many IT subjects.
We have only just entered the IT development age which will leave us all gasping for fresh air in due course.
It is difficult to keep up with the new daily changes that are thrown at us from all angles of the technology sectors.

I think it was only last week that Australia claimed the break through that Solar panels can now convert 40% of energy capture into energy.
That was a massive step up from the previously 'high standards' of 32% at the max.

We are in the middle of the fasted growing technology period this World has seen so far. Nothing should really surprise us anymore.

=D> =D> =D>
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.