Spandex

Something that would never happen but did! This section is about all the wondrous things in our world - Wildlife Animals, World Medicine, Physics, Archaeology - things too numerous to list.
Dawn

Spandex

Post by Dawn » 22 Jan 2012, 07:56

From New Scientist

COMPRESSION garments worn by athletes to keep muscles warm may improve performance by reducing muscle fatigue.

Dale Lovell and colleagues at the University of the Sunshine Coast in Queensland, Australia, measured lactate levels in 25 rugby players after they'd exercised wearing either spandex-like compression garments or regular shorts.

Lactate levels were significantly lower in players kitted out in the compression garments, possibly because they stimulate blood flow that clears the substance. Lactate is associated with muscle fatigue, quick removal may improve performance (Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research)

One does wonder which particular muscle they are talking about. Spandex Pyjamas next, do you think? :icon-mrgreen: :icon-mrgreen: :icon-mrgreen:

Mahalia
Moderator (Bronze Member)

Re: Spandex

Post by Mahalia » 22 Jan 2012, 08:49

well if they help stop the trade in powdered rhinoceros horn Dawn I am all for them :wink
The Scribbly Bark Poet
see some scribbles here - http://scribblybarkpoetry.blogspot.com.au/

donander
Emerald Member

Post by donander » 22 Jan 2012, 10:26

A new look on the football fields ... remember Matt Shirvington? think-smiley
The last interglacial had less ice, higher sea levels, and warmer temperatures than this one. So, according to the evidence so far, human activity must have a COOLING effect.

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 22 Jan 2012, 13:17

Oooooooo you are a naughty girl Dawn. 8-[ 8-[ :oops: :oops: :- :- :-
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

Teddy
Diamond Member

Post by Teddy » 22 Jan 2012, 17:50

Spandex Pyjamas Dawn.I hope so! :biggrin: