No more swimming pool chlorine

Something that would never happen but did! This section is about all the wondrous things in our world - Wildlife Animals, World Medicine, Physics, Archaeology - things too numerous to list.
Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

No more swimming pool chlorine

Post by Dreamweaver » 10 Feb 2012, 21:06

http://www.biotop-natural-pool.com/
The Living Pool basically works like a mountain lake. It is a swimming pool with natural water. The Living Pool offers the same clean and crystal clear conditions as in the mountains. This is achieved with a special filter that removes nutrients from the water, so that the algae are deprived of their sustenance – just like in a mountain lake.

It looks like a normal pool but operates like a fully-fledged natural pool.

Nature demands gentle, respectful treatment – "use and not abuse" is the motto – which is a true characteristic of the Living Pool.
The Biotop Living Pool requires absolutely no chlorine or other toxic chemicals and offers the ultimate in swimming enjoyment in crystal clear water. The regeneration zone and its accompanying plants and animals are replaced by a biological filter and a specially developed phosphorous filter, which provide for the natural treatment of the water.
Conventional swimming pools can be upgraded to the Living Pool system without too much cost and effort, whereby the water is no longer treated with chemicals.
The link leads to other links, including video.
I dream, therefore I am.

donander
Emerald Member

Re: No more swimming pool chlorine

Post by donander » 10 Feb 2012, 23:22

There was someone from out Brookfield way (West of Brisbane) who was advertising pools like that a few years ago .... don't know if he's still around.
The last interglacial had less ice, higher sea levels, and warmer temperatures than this one. So, according to the evidence so far, human activity must have a COOLING effect.

Teddy
Diamond Member

Post by Teddy » 11 Feb 2012, 09:50

Do you have a Pool like that DW?! :biggrin:

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver » 11 Feb 2012, 15:35

Nah, Teddy, never had a pool of any sort, but do love the water. :biggrin:
I dream, therefore I am.

donander
Emerald Member

Post by donander » 11 Feb 2012, 18:54

When I became sick of cleaning and chlorinating and the boys left home, we turned our pool into a goldfish pond; you might just be able to make out the chook pen fence towards top right too.

We had all sorts of visiting wildlife (ducks, a native water rat, a permanent turtle who arrived out of the blue, families of frogs, water dragons, etc):

Counting the fish ...

Three frogs in a row ...

We harvested the floating "weed" for fertilizer for our veggie garden.
The last interglacial had less ice, higher sea levels, and warmer temperatures than this one. So, according to the evidence so far, human activity must have a COOLING effect.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 12 Feb 2012, 00:14

Dreamweaver, thanks for posting the link. It looks beautiful and very calming and without chemicals. Wow, I wish someone told me some 30 years ago.
:teary

Don, that is a great idea for a pool in its afterlife. Looks good but scary, especially if you are living in croc country!

:wink
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

donander
Emerald Member

Post by donander » 12 Feb 2012, 11:52

No visiting crocs but the cormorants were a pain (eating the goldfish). At one stage, we put a net over the entire surface to keep them out. The water rat also had a field day with the fish till I caught him and returned him to a local creek. Interesting creature, the water rat; he almost met a grisly end till I realised what he was.

Naturalist the late Rick Natrass suggested we keep buying goldfish and keep the rat ..... :wink So, if you see a rat with a white tip on it's tail, DON'T KILL IT!

lynny
Diamond Member

Post by lynny » 12 Feb 2012, 14:20

What a lovely pool Donander and great for the wildlife too. Did you partially fill it in or does it still have a deep end ?

As for chlorine - I wish someone would stop putting it in our water supply. Some days it smells so strong.

donander
Emerald Member

Post by donander » 12 Feb 2012, 15:27

It still had a deep end but it was gradually filling up naturally ... the people who bought from us have re-instated it. I hope they found a good home for all the inhabitants. We did trap the turtle and relocate him to the creek.

Teddy
Diamond Member

Post by Teddy » 13 Feb 2012, 08:17

Are you still able keep chooks Don,wish we were?! :icon-mrgreen: Nick Natrass was such an interesting man,used to listen to his programme ABC radio. :biggrin:

donander
Emerald Member

Post by donander » 13 Feb 2012, 10:00

I think there may be some crazy rule that, if you already have chooks, you can keep them but roosters are a no-no. Not sure what the regulations are and we are on a block now that is a little too small to accommodate them.

Unfortunately, some of out hens thought that they were roosters from time to time. :lol:

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 13 Feb 2012, 21:45

Hi donander, that water rat looks familiar. Do you know if T. Abbott has a white tip tail?

:heeheehee :heeheehee :heeheehee
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.