Wow, these ideas will stun you

Something that would never happen but did! This section is about all the wondrous things in our world - Wildlife Animals, World Medicine, Physics, Archaeology - things too numerous to list.
godfather
Diamond Member

Wow, these ideas will stun you

Post by godfather » 13 Mar 2012, 21:54

Want to know how people will live and work in the future, then have a look at the results of a contest recently concluded!

Skyscrapers and Towers etc

http://www.evolo.us/category/2012/

:eek :eek :eek
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Dawn

Re: Wow, these ideas will stun you

Post by Dawn » 14 Mar 2012, 04:58

Extremely interesting GF! I wonder if any of them will ever be built?And would I want to go into one of those buildings if they were?
There are some very scarey buildings already built, let alone some of these!

But what imaginations!

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 14 Mar 2012, 08:06

Wow futuristic all right, great thought
and imagination which is where everything
springs from. :character-oldtimer:
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

donander
Emerald Member

Post by donander » 14 Mar 2012, 11:58

WOW! Indeed. The Migrant Skyscraper really typifies thinking outside the square (reverse pun intended). :wink

I wonder if majority of ideas are actually going the wrong way? Should we be heading down instead of up? think-smiley
The last interglacial had less ice, higher sea levels, and warmer temperatures than this one. So, according to the evidence so far, human activity must have a COOLING effect.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 14 Mar 2012, 22:33

Don, I asked myself the same question, up or down, which would be better or safer?
Frankly, I have a leaning towards UP for the simple reasons that earthquakes in particular areas could be a real menace.
I think that will become even more a menace when you consider that we are taking so much out from underground already. And that will continue for a long time yet.

I also believe that CC will become a real problem one day and that oceans will swallow a rather large slice of land area. Would you not create more risks by digging down?
Sure there are advantages by less consumption of fuels for heating and cooling but that would be out weighted by the need for constant lights and pumping of fresh air.

think-smiley
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Teddy
Diamond Member

Post by Teddy » 15 Mar 2012, 09:05

Long walk down all those stairs when the power goes off! think-smiley