E.S.P.

Something that would never happen but did! This section is about all the wondrous things in our world - Wildlife Animals, World Medicine, Physics, Archaeology - things too numerous to list.
Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

E.S.P.

Post by Dreamweaver » 30 Apr 2012, 11:35

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn1 ... uture.html
Extraordinary claims don't come much more extraordinary than this: events that haven't yet happened can influence our behaviour.

Parapsychologists have made outlandish claims about precognition – knowledge of unpredictable future events – for years. But the fringe phenomenon is about to get a mainstream airing: a paper providing evidence for its existence has been accepted for publication by the leading social psychology journal.

What's more, sceptical psychologists who have pored over a preprint of the paper say they can't find any significant flaws. "My personal view is that this is ridiculous and can't be true," says Joachim Krueger of Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, who has blogged about the work on the Psychology Today website. "Going after the methodology and the experimental design is the first line of attack. But frankly, I didn't see anything. Everything seemed to be in good order."
I dream, therefore I am.

Dawn

Re: E.S.P.

Post by Dawn » 30 Apr 2012, 22:23

One does get the feeling that they would love there to be something not in order, somewhere! Maybe in another multi universe?

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 01 May 2012, 07:37

But is our brain not deceiving us, when first we
see an image that the brain identifies and then
registers, that image along with others is
presented as reality, when in fact its made up
of atoms, is not the human body %90 water yet
appears solid. 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
Strewth maybe this image is more appropriate. 8-[ 8-[
to my thinking. 8-[ 8-[ 8-[
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2LeNBY_5gk
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

Maggs
Diamond Member

Post by Maggs » 01 May 2012, 09:55

Better take a couple of Bex and go lie down GD!

donander
Emerald Member

Post by donander » 01 May 2012, 19:56

He is laying down ... it's past moonshine hour. :wink
The last interglacial had less ice, higher sea levels, and warmer temperatures than this one. So, according to the evidence so far, human activity must have a COOLING effect.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 03 May 2012, 20:04

If you are talking about Brains, then don't forget to keep this picture in the back of your mind.
There isn't much space for reasoning, isn't there. I'll now take my bat and run as fast as I can to hide under Uluru!
See ya in about three years! 8-[

female brain.jpg
(Click on it to enlarge)

:wink :wink :wink
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

grandduke
Diamond Member

Post by grandduke » 03 May 2012, 21:01

Run GF run, i can hear them mustering, and muttering
ready for an attack, arrhhggg. :heeheehee :heeheehee :heeheehee
“You see things; and you say, ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say, ‘Why not?’”
George Bernard Shaw

donander
Emerald Member

Post by donander » 03 May 2012, 22:07

Godfather, such bravery should not go unrewarded .... you know what this one is for, don't you? :lol:

The last interglacial had less ice, higher sea levels, and warmer temperatures than this one. So, according to the evidence so far, human activity must have a COOLING effect.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 04 May 2012, 21:07

No, donander, tell me........"Ouch", that was another rock that just hit my head!

I am feeling poorly and ask for forgiveness for making a bad joke about all those lovely, beautiful, kind, loving, tireless, dedicated females out there.

:oops: :oops: :oops:
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

donander
Emerald Member

Post by donander » 04 May 2012, 22:04

Purple Heart Godfather. For wounded soldiers ..... I knew you'd earn one. :wink