Latest weapon

Something that would never happen but did! This section is about all the wondrous things in our world - Wildlife Animals, World Medicine, Physics, Archaeology - things too numerous to list.
Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Latest weapon

Post by Dreamweaver » 07 Jun 2012, 20:42

IMAGINE being hit by a smell worse than anything you've ever encountered. It combines the reek of sewage with pungent rotting meat. It is nauseating, and so intense that you rush for the door. That is what it would be like to experience a malodorant - a non-lethal weapon being developed by the US to drive targets out into the open.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg2 ... stink.html
I dream, therefore I am.

donander
Emerald Member

Re: Latest weapon

Post by donander » 07 Jun 2012, 21:24

Imagine you are a soldier in Afghanistan ....

Moments before, the target of the stink bomb was trying to kill you. The stench has driven him into the open, so you may live another day. You and your mates would not have to worry about that individual again.

Just saying ........
The last interglacial had less ice, higher sea levels, and warmer temperatures than this one. So, according to the evidence so far, human activity must have a COOLING effect.

hawkeye
Bronze Member

Post by hawkeye » 08 Jun 2012, 11:59

I'll bet they'd stink.

godfather
Diamond Member

Post by godfather » 08 Jun 2012, 20:20

Oh, I really got waylaid on this thread and just spent 60 minutes reading on dangerous chemical mixtures. Fascinating, to say the least. (http://pipeline.corante.com/archives/th ... work_with/)

Thanks for posting, DW.

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/
The devil whispered, “You cannot withstand the storm“ and I replied: “I am the storm!”.....Unknown.

Maggs
Diamond Member

Post by Maggs » 08 Jul 2012, 11:38

My first encounter with a Dunny in the back yard was in Canada in 1957 - wind chill factor was about -25º........as I approached the dreaded 'hut' ( with two holes side by side in the bench ) I was expecting a foul odour, but due to the freezing temps there wasn't one.....however when spring arrived it a different story and by summer .....I moved to another house with inbuilt conveniences! :biggrin: Never be without some Lime if you need to use a dunny!