Exercises

Strictly health issues. Anything that helps us stay healthy or affects us personally.
Perrorist
Administrator

Exercises

Post by Perrorist »

What exercises do you do? I do stretches for my neck and shoulders. These have worked wonders, as I used to regularly get a sore neck or painful shoulder.

Another exercise I started a couple of weeks ago is also proving very beneficial, namely push-ups. I use a window ledge or bench rather than getting down on the floor, although I may yet get to that stage later. The benefits are best described here: https://www.keepinspiring.me/10-massive ... -push-ups/

Pamela

Re: Exercises

Post by Pamela »

At the start of the UK lockdown last year, I decided that I'd do some "exercises for Seniors" set by a well known (in the UK) fitness coach. Stupidly, instead of starting off slowly, I overdid it and went in all guns blazing with the result that I well and truly buggered up my right knee and ended up hobbling around the house. Finally, it was starting to ease a little bit but during the winter months I slipped - twice - on ice in my backyard and landed on my knees which set me right back again. :hitting_wall :lol:

Although my knee is much better it still isn't as it should be. Getting there very slowly.

Therefore, the only exercise I do now is walking with my son's 7 month old puppy. I started off with short walks up and down the back street and gradually increased the distance until now I can actually walk to the nearby park and back.

I will stick to walking for my exercise from now on. :icon-mrgreen:

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist »

Good point, Pamela. Don't rush into it. Sorry to hear about your troubles. When I lived in England I had a few falls on ice myself. Always painful.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver »

I love the Hasfit video exercises for seniors. You can't get bored as there are so many of varied length, usually showing a couple where one does seated versions and the other standing versions.

https://hasfit.com/workouts/home/senior/

The full catalogue of Hasfit exercises contains many more than these senior ones
https://hasfit.com/
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Post by Perrorist »

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver »

Great article!
I notice that the physical demands of just every day living can be felt in the various muscle groups recommended in the Hasfit videos.
I bought a second hand electric gopher some years ago 'for the future', because it was a bargain and I could feel age creeping up on me.
It has been stored away in my son's shed ever since, and I still have no desire to further inactivate my body! :icon_biggrin:
I dream, therefore I am.