US and elsewhere

Strictly health issues. Anything that helps us stay healthy or affects us personally.
Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

US and elsewhere

Post by Dreamweaver »

TOPLINE Researchers, including scientists from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the American Red Cross, have found evidence that Covid-19 was present in the U.S. in December 2019, weeks earlier than previously thought and before even the first cases in Wuhan, China, had been publicly identified. Findings from the study, which tested stored blood samples from between December 2019 and January 2020 for Covid-19 antibodies and were published in the journal Clinical Infectious Diseases, indicated the presence of Covid-19 in several U.S. states “earlier than previously recognized.”
Researchers found positive test results, indicating prior exposure to the virus responsible for Covid-19, in samples from California, Oregon and Washington in mid-December, much earlier than the first official U.S. case on Jan. 19. Samples from Connecticut, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Rhode Island, and Wisconsin were also found to test positive for Covid-19 in January, before Covid-19 was believed to be present

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart ... 894bb4bf8c
It’s only in the US that all five strains can be found, according to the virologist and other researchers. China, for example, has been shown to have a different, more deadly strain to that found in both Taiwan and Korea. Italy and Iran have each been found to have different, independent strains, the Iranian being the most deadly. September 2019 is a logical time to look back to, given the infection Japanese tourists contracted in Hawaii. However, is that the earliest time the virus appeared?

In an interesting report for The Duran titled Coronavirus: The Plot Thickens, author Godfree Roberts constructs a timeline in which vaping was attributed as the source of unusual lung problems mimicking COVID-19 symptoms in the US as far back as April of last year (see the months of April and August):

April, 2019: An outbreak of severe vaping-associated lung illness is exclusively confined to the United States, despite the fact that the majority of vapers live outside the US.

July 3, 2019: The CDC halts research at Fort Detrick, citing “national security reasons” for not releasing information about its decision.
https://www.europereloaded.com/coronavi ... ctor-says/

Nearly a year after doctors identified the first cases of a worrying new disease in the Chinese city of Wuhan, the country appears to be stepping up a campaign to question the origins of the global Covid-19 pandemic.
I dream, therefore I am.

Perrorist
Administrator

Re: US and elsewhere

Post by Perrorist »

I doubt Trump will stop saying "China virus" given that unpalatable facts are fake in his eyes.

Slapsy

Post by Slapsy »

This probably explains why China is so upset about Australia,and who could blame them. Our next PM needs to have diplomatic,rather than self-marketing skills.
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver »

Nancy Dillon of The Age says on June 16, 2021 — 6.31am
New York: A new study of blood specimens collected from 24,000 Americans has found evidence that COVID-19 likely was present in the US as early as Christmas Eve 2019.
But is there anything new about it?

https://www.theage.com.au/world/north-a ... lfUrlk004E
I dream, therefore I am.

Dreamweaver
Global Moderator

Post by Dreamweaver »

Antibodies were found in 40% of deer that were tested from January to March 2021 across Michigan, Pennsylvania, Illinois and New York state. A second unpublished study has detected the virus in 80% of deer sampled in Iowa between November 2020 and January 2021
. These are recent figures, as it is spreading now amongst the deer. I guess no-one knows if it came from them earlier.
It is important to underline that there is currently no evidence of SARS-CoV-2 transmission from white-tailed deer to humans. Initial experimental work has also suggests that infected deer tend not to have symptoms. Still, disease transmission in wildlife populations has considerable implications for human and animal health.
Human-to-deer and deer-to-deer transmission are believed to be driving the rapid spread of the disease within white-tailed deer populations across the US.
In fact, hunters are likely to be one of the most obvious sources of potential reinfection as they regularly handle dead animals.
https://theconversation.com/white-taile ... ion-171268
I dream, therefore I am.