Health, schooling, environmental, religious matters. Anything related to our farmers, miners, fishermen, etc.
Moderators: godfather, Dreamweaver
- Posts: 4242
- Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 12:36
- Location: Tumbi Umbi, Central Coast, NSW
Tony Fitzgerald AC QC is a former Australian judge, who presided over the Fitzgerald Inquiry. The report from the inquiry led to the resignation of Joh Bjelke-Petersen, Premier of Queensland at the time, and the imprisonment of several ministers and a police commissioner.
The Fitzgerald Principles are:
- To act honourably and fairly and solely in the public interest
- To treat all citizens equally
- Not to mislead or deceive
- Not to withhold or obfuscate information to which voters are entitled
- Not to spend public money except for public benefit
- Not to use your position or information gained from your position for your benefit or the benefit of a family member, friend, political party or other related entity.
All members of federal parliament were asked to sign in agreement with the principles. The results were:
- 36 declined to participate
Of those 57:
No-one from the Liberal and National parties signed up.
- Posts: 1048
- Joined: 26 Feb 2016, 08:39
- Location: South Coast NSW
After seeing Baaa rnaby vote for himself yesterday,nothing surprises me about the lnp anymore..
The punters know that the horse called Morality rarely gets past the post,whereas the nag called Self-interest always runs a good race. ..... Gough Whitlam 19/10/89
- Global Moderator
- Posts: 9185
- Joined: 16 Sep 2005, 15:46
- Location: Victoria
Remembering the "Joh speak", the "Joh for PM" campaign, etc brings a laugh, but in the light of more recent events it's obvious the ridiculous is possible. Flo was the power behind the throne, despite her camouflage of CWA and pumpkin scones interests.
I dream, therefore I am.